Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
If it's not great I'll blame it on the curse of Indiana Jones and the crystallized straw!

Congrats Monte, I wanted to bid on that one but turned out it was too big. I don't think it's a straw hat though, Penney's sold some synthetic straw hats that were waterproof and I think that's what your is. The "straw" is actually the fiber used in fiberglass before it gets epoxied. Can't remember what Penney's called it but RLK posted one recently.

Really nice looking straw, Monte. That's a great color, and it looks to be in fantastic condition. Congrats.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Monte

A-List Customer
Thanks,
Mike and dh66
Purplesage, I sold an old Penney's straw which had Towncraft on the sweat and Marathon on the crown protector. The new one has JCP on the sweat and Penney's on the crown. Was it made by Marathon Hats? I would say probably Marathon by Lee but don't quote me...I'm not an expert but I've owned a few small Marathons, of which I've taken the time to sell two. They were the most unworn, vintage hats I've seen and I sold them on the bay for peanuts. Size 7s are very plentiful so I was not totally surprised.
Mike, if it is waterproof, that may come in handy. I will probably call it my "straw" just to lessen confusion with my brown, felts. Fiberglass just doesn't have the same ring to it, you know?

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Monte, that looks really neat! Nice find.

TPD, I can attest that those Wide Countries are remarkable hats. I love mine-- if only it weren't too big for me, I'd wear it often.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Interesting little Beaver Brand, with a 2 1/8" overwelt and low crown. I love this color. The box says it's "char-grey" but it has clear notes of purple/eggplant/plum, which I adore. I hope to get a comparison shot next to my other greys soon-- I think the color will really stand out.

38u8.jpg

9zqw.jpg

yb1s.jpg

zuog.jpg

v4vc.jpg

d4h0.jpg

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Nice Eggplant Beaver Brand Jeff, the box is terrific too.

Been a bit of a bad boy this week and scored 3 off the Bay. This Batsakes panama arrived today and this is fresh out of the box. Made even happier when it turns out the ribbon is brown instead of the black I thought I was getting from the posting pix

That is one primo panama Mike. Looks like it was made for your head. Hope you get some wear time before it gets too cold.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Blackjack

One Too Many
I don't know much if anything about the Beaver brand line except I think they just went out of business. It could be nice, it's a 5x NOS hat so for 45 bucks I suppose it's not to much of a risk.

Monte

A-List Customer

When I saw the lack of interest on this classically styled hat really late in the game, I had to pull the trigger. Fits like a glove.

Nice, Jeff. Looks cool.
Mike, a good straw.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot