Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.
Having purchased a number of 50s Stetsons and Mallorys recently, I now really appreciate vintage fedoras much more than I did several months ago. The felt is quite different from what we find today.

Once you've tasted earlier, you will grow impatient with the fifties. At least I think so...

The homburg looks very nice on you.

John Galt

Vendor
Recent purchase of - wait for it - an Ermatinger's Stratoliner! It was a BIN at a good price. Needs some TLC & is the wrong size, but I think it's pretty darn cool. And yes, the ribbon is a goldenrod sort of color.

qeme6ate.jpg

ygagyde2.jpg

ru2a9e4e.jpg

jysu5amy.jpg
unerabev.jpg

y2u8u2yv.jpg

"Faint hat never won fair lady."

Last edited:

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Here are some better pics, more detail. I really enjoy the ultra thing brim binding. It reminds me, if I remember correctly, of the binding on modern Mayser or Huckel homburgs, which have always attracted my eye.

6rdk.jpg

u9ob.jpg

bbrn.jpg

rr54.jpg

CONELRAD

One of the Regulars
Picked this up at an antique store while I was in Dallas today, a grey 1950s Dobbs 15 with Cavanagh edge.

It has moderate moth damage, but otherwise looks virtually unworn and fits like a glove, plus I didn't have a hat in these colors, or a wide-brimmed Cavanagh edge.
IMGP1674.jpg

IMGP1675.jpg
I imagine it sat in a closet most of the time attracting moths, but not being worn.

Ofcourse...., Sweet COKE hat, maybe? A Beaut!

CONELRAD you must have been born with a horseshoe around your neck... WHAT a FIND!

Jeff your Resistol is fabulous, man! And WHO IS that character in my photo? As Jimmy Durante used to say, "Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"

Last edited:

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Ofcourse...., Sweet COKE hat, maybe? A Beaut!

CONELRAD you must have been born with a horseshoe around your neck... WHAT a FIND!

Jeff your Resistol is fabulous, man! And WHO IS that character in my photo? As Jimmy Durante used to say, "Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"

+1
you speech out of my soul, Charlie!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ayanda