Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.
Garrett, Wow! Two beauties! The weave on the first one is amazing!

Che, Thanks! Great source! The paper label doesn't ring a bell. I assume there isn't any company mark. The Mount Everest looks like it might be wool and late 50s early 60s. Is there a paper label? My guess is her source in Germany (or the source's source) is keeping the name brands and larger sizes.

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Garrett
you got some amazing straws that chunky weave , I love it !

Steve
the Kolfer, Lana is some of the best wool ive seen as it is so soft but strong & light & it did pass my water test
Gee the German wool hats are very fine even this MT Everest feels great, & no paper labels or stampings on it
compared to the wool 'may I say Junk' produced here & I probably bought 20+ hats from her & never a moth bite
I've even bought sweaters all good stuff....
Great Quality !
oh yea lots of Maysers & Tonaks & Rockel in the mix
but these no brands are unique & appealing..
Ill dig deeper next month !
yea there must be some great stuff being separated as she said the Borsalinos should not have been in her stacks of hats...

Last edited:
bowler and akubra 004.jpg

My wide brim Akubra and my stingy brim bowler.
To pull off two separate brims and look great doing it is what I aspire to do.
I have the black stingy brim bowler and the wide for me Akubra.. What brim will survive the everyday street test?
Thank you and best regards.
CCJ

rclark

Call Me a Cab
Thanks Richard! I'm really liking the French hat you just posted as well. Very nice! OR-style hats are much easier to come by here than European hats, although I picked up a couple of sweet flat caps at an estate sale a couple of weeks ago. One is a British make and one is Portuguese. Too bad my big round head looks so bad in flat caps, but my son looks fantastic in them! He is lucky in that even at age 13 he can put on just about any type of hat and make it look like the hat was made just for him. AND he's one heck of a baseball player! LOL

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
rclark, good looking Open Road sir! My Open Road and Stratoliners have the same size tagging and are of the same vintage and have no tags under the liners of any of them. I am thinking that means they are early 60s models when a lot of reblocking practices started to slow down and the need for the block tags fell off. Just a guess on my part of course.

rclark

Call Me a Cab
I just want ONE Stetson with a block tag! :)

I hear you, Roger! Funny enough, I recently acquired a Resistol Waco and a Resistol San Antonio, both of which have block tags. I estimate they are both from mid to late 60's. I do have a mid-50's Strat with a block tag that I purchased from another member here. It is a great hat!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR