Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Why do I have the feeling this is going to be the most common answer to that question on this forum? :D

Hats..the love of them....it is a CURSE....lol! Most likely from the bug...Hat Bug....but the cure is simple....just buy another one.....it cures it...for about a day.

That Bowler that Alan showcased...wow...I think what really makes it stand out is the crown...seems a bit more up there and seems no visible taper.

I would have to think since we have been on the Lounge, perhaps 100 or more hats have come and gone.....I think last count, we have shaved the amount here down to about 34 hats currently for Daniel, and I am only owning 4 at the moment......(only at the moment, I might add)...lol

Lotsahats

One Too Many
New Lee Cameo. More pictures and a write up in the Lee Lounge.

image.jpg
image.jpg

A

fashion frank

One Too Many

fashion frank

One Too Many
Bought this awhile ago but I must have gotten overwhelmed with work and or whatever as I completely forgot about this derby till I just went into my purshase history on Free bay and also saw this one . I like it alot but have only worn it once since I bought it !

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Men...nlzIM3Et2MOK%2B8FwYpM%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

All the Best ,Fashion Frank

I tried to get a shot of the makers label but the plastic was to reflective .

All the Best, Fashion Frank

fashion frank

One Too Many

tommyK

One Too Many
Great finds FF!
Don't see many Hopkins or Ware Pratt & Co, very cool.
You're fortunate, I wish I had a hat size that made this kind of variety available.

Strapped-4-Cache

One Too Many
I took a chance last Friday on a Post on Etsy. The box arrived this afternoon. I was amazed at how fast the hat got here, and will paraise the seller for the quick turnaround and the careful packing.

The hat wasn't much to look at in the pics, but it was a Stetson and looked like it could be put back into service without too much work.

Here's the listing: Men's Vintage Black Stetson

I'll post better pics after I get home and can get some shots. Turns out it was a Twenty and is in fairly good shape. The liner is yellowed with age and needs to be re-tacked, the hat desperately needs brushing and the ribbon can hopefully be straightened with a bit of steam. The felt takes a crease well, right out of the box. Looking forward to getting to wear this one soon.

tommyK

One Too Many
Great find S-4-C! A Twenty is a great score and black hats are more versatile than one might think. Most of my old hat liners have yellowing to some degree. You can take that little inside sweatband bow off (it's real easy to sew back in) and give it a couple of minutes soaking in bleach. Makes the inside look a little fresher.

a hat brush, a little steam and patience work wonders on the old hats.

_DSC1124_zps71c3926d.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart