Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.
Congrats and Mazel Tov to you, MoonTL!! Very nice lid, sir.

Bowlerman... A Beautiful, breathtaking bowler, Bud. Such a rich, easy-on-the-eyes color; LOVE it! Major Mike has hit this one out of the park!!

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
I received this hat today. It was almost a complete surprise, as I had a few days notice that it had been made and then shipped.

Mike Moore from Buckaroo Hatters is an incredible human being, and his business practices are exemplary.

Many months ago I began conversations with him about a custom western derby, and then I didn't follow up because my situation changed.

Mike recently found my order ticket, insisted he was at fault (he most certainly was not!) for keeping me waiting, and before I could say whiskey he had already made and shipped my hat!

What an incredible surprise! Mike is such a stand up guy with sincere and humble business practices, and I will most definitely continue to do business with him!

More photos coming!
Thanks Mike, not only for this welcome surprise, but for the always beautiful workmanship and details!

3d804d0d67976f62cc6f01feb11bb242.jpg

d580dcff8b8dad5be9e92732ce727ab6.jpg
d36c642b7a14f61f24d6f11eef8b3c1c.jpg
6279f104a0f768b90bd116e1518627b4.jpg
d03f3ac77bef13fc75e699332d55434b.jpg
b20944755cdb8711055a4332d32d810b.jpg
72796f0af13e447492f8bdd350ad58e6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unique and beautiful. Whats that color called?

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Moon, you've got to put that Runabout through it's paces. Let us know how it holds up to rain and rolling up.

I'm curious as to how the Runabout holds up as well.

absolutely

I'll pretty much be wearing it daily for a couple weeks to put it to the test

I'll let you know

Congrats and Mazel Tov to you, MoonTL!! Very nice lid, sir.

thank you sir.. I am enjoying it

Bowlerman - that lid is something special for sure
what a color.... that is a true gentlemans hat

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, I thought it looked wider than 2 1/4...much more interested with it being closer to 2 1/2!

I'm telling you ... this thing is a really great hat

I'm not sure if it because I went in with zero expectations .... but I don't want to take this thing off my head

just hung it on the hat hook in my office when I got in and I keep staring at it wanting to keep it on while I get some work done

the only thing stopping me is my grandmothers voice in my head saying "the only time a gentleman wears his hat inside is in a lobby or a train station "

now... I don't follow her rules exactly .... but I do a little bit.... sorry Nana

:p

Mark, if that's the one you traded up to, yes, you traded UP! Spectacular look. A homburg color that suggests the owner has more than one. Just fantastic!

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
"Almost" new...? Does that count? Wonderful visit with Jeff at Delmonico today. Their 15% OFF SALE, brought me down to look at the new Stetson Aviator. REALLY NICE HAT. I'm seriously considering it...

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
I won't exactly call this a new hat, but I just modified it.

Yesterday, I experimented on an old, mangled, Scala panama. It originally was similar to this hat (mine was not that pricey.) However, my one was all mangled, and bent, as if one sat on it. So I decided to experiment on it. I cut the brim down to 1 3/4", reshaped the crown, and changed the ribbon. It's still a beater hat, but it looks better than before, even with it's glue stained ribbon!
View attachment 29671 View attachment 29672 View attachment 29673 View attachment 29674 View attachment 29675 View attachment 29676 View attachment 29677 View attachment 29678

You can tell you had a blast doing the hat your own way! Where did you find that color of a ribbon?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR