Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Sometimes I envy people who live where there are actual seasons other than tourist season and harvest season...then I remember that I can't drive anymore and that envy goes right out the window..

IMG_2045.jpg
IMG_2046.jpg
IMG_2047.jpg

Huckel from Etsy

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
A project I have been working on.

20151028_174711.jpg 20151028_174713.jpg

One of the parabuntals I got recently. Trying to make it into a rough, tough adventurer-type hat, something a bit less refined than my Chilla from Manila. As close to an army green as I could dye the ribbon and pug for a jungle survival kind of look. Not too neat or tidy on the pug. My sewing machine skills are still in need of some work, but I got the binding on somewhat straight. Now if only I could see better to line up the stitching...
Still needs a name. I know it's geographically incorrect, but The Indonesia Jones just kinda rolls off the tongue. :)

fashion frank

One Too Many
Hey Gang pulled the trigger on this one last night !
I could not resist, this hat is brand new and I asked if he would take $45.00 instead of $56.00 and he aggreed so it was like getting free shipping .
http://www.ebay.com/itm/331685959317?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

I would suggest checking out this guy's E Bay store he has a lot of new hats at good prices .
When this baby arrives I'll post pictures
All the Best ,Fashion Frank

P.S. Not to sure if this guy knows alot about hats because he listed mine as a "stingy brim " howeverit states right on the label 2 1/2 inch brim

This is one of the most amazing threads of all.

Perry it's impossible to even imagine a nicer lid. Just incredible!!

Moe you continue to amaze! The colors you've come up with; the overall look of that one is really special.

Alan the construction of votre nouveau chapeau Francais is quite similar (nearly identical on the inside) to the French-made felt I got last year, which was also advertised as a 30s hat but could be later. Fabulous find!!

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
TY Fruno and hatsRme. That ribbon and pug took two dyeings apiece to get that shade. Happy outcome that they ended up being very close in color, being different materials. Also not as easy as it might seem trying to make something look worn in without making it look like junk. But now I have a buntal that I can wear without worrying that I'm going to mess it up.

That's a nice long-hair, Alan.

lbgradwell

Familiar Face
I would suggest checking out this guy's E Bay store he has a lot of new hats at good prices .

I bought the Canadian-made Biltmore pictured in my avatar from Pauly. Not only was his price good, but he was very easy to work with, communicated well, had very reasonable shipping (a BIG consideration when living in Canada), and shipped amazingly fast. In fact, he offered to pay the RETURN shipping if my hat didn't fit (as he said a 60 would fit in this model instead of my normal 61)!!! He was right; the 60 fits perfectly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy