Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
So something strange happened to me today.
I had ordered a Disney hat box for a Disney hat that I have and it showed up with this Stetson cowboy hat in it .
There was no hat in any of the pictures of the box and the price would never suggest a hat was included.
I'm thinking the hat was in the box and whoever shipped it out left it in by mistake.
The hat is not really my style but what the hell .

b45bf90e4615f1624ff559d9940957e0.jpg

658671747f88c199c8091d0e6d31b57c.jpg

b341543a9e43a27a5f5494fe837aa607.jpg

1af8b0ecdced11fe4ee16530ba3e6559.jpg

I also picked up this Cavanagh.
This one should shape up nicely with just a bit of steam.
Gorgeous hat ... The pictures do it no justice
I'll post more when she is shaped up

cdb79002a2036d0bfcfa1a566ba05589.jpg

3e7cb1a11844dbb9e28ecb144a0f72cf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Is that a raw-edged Cavanagh?

The Western looks nice. Not my cup o' tea, either, but heck, now you're prepared for anything!

raw edge Cavanagh indeed... that is what sold me on it

the guy selling it has a similar hat in a darker brown with a Cavanagh edge ... I have been looking for a raw edge Cavanagh .. and the price was unbeatable .... his asking was low and my offer was way lower an he accepted

best part about it is the seller spelled Cavanagh wrong so anyone looking for one and spelling it right is most likely missing out.

I could steer you in his direction if you are looking for a brown Cav edge at a very good price... it is our size

raw edge Cavanagh indeed... that is what sold me on it

the guy selling it has a similar hat in a darker brown with a Cavanagh edge ... I have been looking for a raw edge Cavanagh .. and the price was unbeatable .... his asking was low and my offer was way lower an he accepted

best part about it is the seller spelled Cavanagh wrong so anyone looking for one and spelling it right is most likely missing out.

I could steer you in his direction if you are looking for a brown Cav edge at a very good price... it is our size

Thanks for the tip. I always search for both spellings. Penneys and Pennys, too, for Marathons!

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
Cavanaghs with raw edges are fairly. At least factory ones are. Many are, sadly, trimmed later in life.

Brad
~The Hatted Professor

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Cavanaghs with raw edges are fairly. At least factory ones are. Many are, sadly, trimmed later in life.

Brad
~The Hatted Professor

this one looks pretty factory to me ... of course there is no way for me to know for sure

any idea on a date for this one Brad ? ... that you could tell from the pics anyway ... a ballpark maybe ?

I would guess 50s?

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
Sorry, that should say "fairly rare." I can't figure out how to edit my own post in this system.

Brad
~The Hatted Professor

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
this one looks pretty factory to me ... of course there is no way for me to know for sure

any idea on a date for this one Brad ? ... that you could tell from the pics anyway ... a ballpark maybe ?

I would guess 50s?

Yes, late-1950 to late-1953 are the outside dates on either end.

Brad
~The Hatted Professor

That looks like a nipped Cavanagh to me - perhaps a nice job done by a hatter?... what is the brim width?

I think you'll be up to speed on the western very soon, Moon. ;^)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart