Post New Hats Here!

Discussion in 'Hats' started by Rundquist, May 4, 2004.

1. Thanks!

2. 1mach1

1mach1

That's a nice Dobbs, Dale! Love the pg on that one. It looks perfect on you!
    Instagram worthy in my opinion. :D

dh66 likes this.
  3. dh66

dh66

Thanks Harv!

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

1mach1 likes this.
  4. Pancho65

Pancho65 New in Town

That is a sweet Homburg! I don't know that I can pull off a Homburg, but that one looks like it was made for you.

mmbarnes likes this.
  5. Knotten

Knotten Practically Family

Thanks, guys. I've long been reading the rest of you talk about the Fed IV. Now I can say I agree with the chorus. It really is a quality hat -- a great style, great construction and a fantastic price. I heartily recommend it.

Zombie_61 likes this.
  6. LuvMyMan

LuvMyMan I’ll Lock Up.

I can sure see why you like the hat so much, the shape and dimensions are great!

7. Pancho65

Pancho65 New in Town

I picked up this Royal Stetson over the weekend. I'm not ready to take a photo of myself with it on as I'm overdue for a haircut and my appointment is later this morning. Maybe it won't fit so snug after the haircut. I just had to have this purple band - Colorado Rockies baseball. Another point was the White & Davis label from Pueblo, CO. My dad says he used to do business at this store before I was born (1965), and I don't ever remember the place. So I'm guessing it was closed before I was born or when I was very young.

Royal Stetson1 - Front.jpg Royal Stetson2 - Ribbon.jpg Royal Stetson3 - Right.jpg Royal Stetson4 - Label.jpg Royal Stetson5 - Band 1.jpg Royal Stetson6 - Band 2.jpg

8. Frunobulax

Frunobulax

Purchased last Monday at the Hatco Outlet in Garland, TX. Sitting on my doorstep when I got home from the airport on Friday. It was on my head that afternoon for an appointment, but I didn't really get a chance to play with it, steam it up (it was a little dirty and had been previously bashed - you could tell), and give it a good brushing. The steam/brush did it good, as it had likely collected some dirt from being on the display rack and handled by, I'm assuming, heathens. :eek:

Picture15.jpg Picture16.jpg Picture14.jpg Picture18.jpg Picture19.jpg Picture20.jpg

This thing's a beaut! I really like this - the color combo, style and look of it are pure classic. These newer sweats feel great, and the fit on this one was spot on. It took a dry bash readily right out of the box (and in the store). I don't know if this is from the same run as javadave's Racine, but the bow on this tells me maybe. The catalogue ribbon/bow is a bit more "bow-like" than this.

Racine.jpg
    Ours have a "flat" look to the bow, without that little draw up you see in the above catalogue photo. The hat is not a featherweight, tipping the postal scale at just a hair under 6 oz. Also, though the catalogue lists this as having a 2 5/8" brim, my measurements show every bit of 2 3/4". Crown height seems to be just a bit above the advertised 5 1/2". The felt is substantial and very soft. I compare it to my 150th Anniversary Stetsonian and, though comparable, the Stetsonian is lighter and thinner, and a bit more dense. It does not have the Royal Deluxe liner tip, as my Stetsonian does, though the sweatband is of the higher quality sheeepskin. I had to do a little ribbon tack trimming, but that was minor.

This hat is going to get some wear.

Edit: Another note on the liner tip. I just noticed the tip has an oak leaf in it, reminiscent of the 50s Stetsons when there was Canadian production. The current tip, at least for the Excellent, Royal Deluxe, and Royal, has stars in the upper left.

Curious...

Last edited: Feb 1, 2016
    scottyrocks, NewJack, tommyK and 10 others like this.
  9. William G.

William G. One of the Regulars

I absolutely love that color!

10. RJR

RJR

Very nice,congrats.

11. moontheloon

moontheloon I'll Lock Up

you did well .. that is a beautiful hat

12. 1mach1

1mach1

Not new to the site, but new to me.
    A trade with rclark.
    7XCB for Stratoliner. Couldn't be happier. Hope he feels the same. Thanks Rick!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. moontheloon

moontheloon I'll Lock Up

Wanted to share a few of my recent acquisitions

First this awesome Royal Stetson Vita-Felt i got from my man Matt aka mmbarnes
    Thank you sir!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Then this beautiful Borsalino mid ribbon.
    I've never laid my hands on felt this soft... I'm sure many of you have... I have not.. And I have many soft vintage hats but this is different .
    Almost too soft and will probably take some getting used to ... feels like the bash will change if the wind blows .
    Absolutely gorgeous piece.
    Very plush like velour... Almost velvet feel to it... And what looks like discoloration in the pics is just that velour type finish changing with the light depending on what direction the fibers are wiped.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I made this video as an attempt to display what this hat feels like

Then finally this gorgeous Borsalino.
    Not quite as soft as the previous... but absolutely amazing none the less

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Feb 2, 2016
    NewJack, tommyK, Widebrim and 14 others like this.
  14. moontheloon

moontheloon I'll Lock Up

Harv.... amazing !!

just one gorgeous hat brother ... bravo!

1mach1 likes this.
  15. 1mach1

1mach1

A, that is two nice scores. I love the trading game. Good work brother .

rclark likes this.
  16. 1mach1

1mach1

Thanks buddy!

17. rclark

rclark Call Me a Cab

Harv, glad you like it. Its looks great on you! Love my new 7XCB! Photos to be posted soon!

1mach1 likes this.
  18. rclark

rclark Call Me a Cab

Happy Birthday Harv!!!

1mach1 likes this.
  19. 1mach1

1mach1

Thanks Rick.
    And thank you for the birthday wish!

20. mmbarnes

mmbarnes I'll Lock Up

Damn Skippy, Harv! Looks perfect on you. Great score!

1mach1 likes this.