Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.
I remember when those feathers were so popular during the seventies. I worked in a western store and sold hundreds of them.
Mostly cheaply made, and always ugly!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I remember buying a cowboy hat during the late 70's or early 80's and the clerk asked if I wanted a "nice" feather band to go with my hat. I just responded "they don't make em".

65 Classic

Practically Family
I got this hat a month or so back, fairly cheaply on Ebay, but never wore it because the brim was all ahoo. I think it had been improperly stored, the brim was flat but at an angle, higher on one side and sloping down on the other side. (Not back to front, that would make more sense.)

Lucky for me (new to hats and totally ignorant) there's a local vintage clothing store called "Joyride" which does hat blocking. They flanged the brim just how I wanted it. I love everything about it, my first hat hat since 1975.

eXMdOzi.jpg

Congratulations. Nice hat.

Desert dog

My Mail is Forwarded Here

Desert dog

65 Classic

Practically Family
Forgot it was coming? I would have been pacing, looking out the window, and repeatedly checking tracking! Two beautiful hats this week, congratulations!

You're right. I did that for about 2 weeks then I got caught up with other things and you know that when you're having fun, working and dealing with teenagers, time flies.

Desert dog

I always liked hats, fedoras to be exact. I didn't have a protege until I ran into TFL. Thank you all for sponsoring me through your posts and pics. TFL opened up a deeper understanding and appreciation for the hat and its history. Thank you all.
Thank you 65! You have contributed much! Always nice to have another enthusiast aboard. I thought no one would be interested in my western hats, when I first posted. Everyone was nice and welcoming. The wide variety of styles is interesting and I have learned a lot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass