Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.
Came home from work to find a box on the table, new hat!
Received my Matador today.
The crown is 10.5cm tall
The brim is 6cm wide.
ff0a6d6e244ce8b01333b1b6ba6272c9.jpg
5be43cc30b44e9440440eed0f50f1fb5.jpg
accf521aaafcd0ca348c86f47252cd33.jpg
f45c65c2972f5e964e46d306feb9a5af.jpg
Nice hat in a good shape. The Germans made a great many different branded hats. You can post it in the German and Austrian Hutmachers thread too. Only if there's a label inside it there's some chance of finding out who made it.

Davidannon

New in Town
Nice hat in a good shape. The Germans made a great many different branded hats. You can post it in the German and Austrian Hutmachers thread too. Only if there's a label inside it there's some chance of finding out who made it.

Sadly no label inside, I could contact the seller and see if they know a little more about the history of the hat but that’s about all I could.

Davidannon

New in Town
It's probably later 1950s early 1960s. My guess is if it had a paper label there would be no company mark which was common with such hats.

Contacted the seller, paper label was already out when they got the hat but as far as they know from the previous owner, the hat is from the 1950-1956 era. It’s from somewhere in Germany but not known where exactly.

Contacted the seller, paper label was already out when they got the hat but as far as they know from the previous owner, the hat is from the 1950-1956 era. It’s from somewhere in Germany but not known where exactly.
Thank you for the additional information. The no company mark hats with such brand names were common in this time period and later. They come from distributors / wholesalers in most cases. I have been able connect some of the trademarks with the distributors but rarely the hat companies that made the hats (or if some of the distributors had hat making facilities which I tend to doubt).

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Welcome back John! Cool hat...
Thanks Bob!
Good to see you back! Hope to see more of your smiling face ;) and wonderful hats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:D
And thanks!
Moe! I've been meaning to reach out. Hope all is well.

That velour looks soft as all get out.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.
Thanks Jim! Things are groovy here in NorCal. And yes, it is as soft as it looks. :)
Hey Moe: you could have posted a brown paper bag and i would have loved it!
Hope it’s not temporary!
Bowen
Thanks Bowen! Had I known brown bags were so cool I could have saved a lot of money...
Hey Moe, good seeing that one! Don't be a stranger!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Thanks Dd!
I won't be a stranger, but I can't stop being strange..
Great to hear from you John! Cool hat as usual. Hope to see your face around here more. Any other new hats?
Thanks Mike!
That's the first new one since the Tirard Elf bowler. Almost pulled the trigger on a Barlesoni Baku on ebay the other day, but held out for something older. Probably blew my only chance at an affordable Baku in my size. :(

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
This arrived late yesterday - a 1920s/'30s Lamson Hubbard courtesy of @splintercellz.

lamson hubbard_20180909_103008_600x760.jpg
lamson hubbard_20180909_103011_600x731.jpg

It's got that unmistakably malleable vintage felt that holds whatever shape you put into it, even without steam.

As it is ever slightly too snug, right now it is pulled part-way down on my straight sided 23" Hat Shaper. I put a light sheen of shea butter on the sweat to help relax it as it stretches out a bit. I will report back tomorrow on the fit.

Last edited:

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
2CA311EE-9F41-42AD-8895-85A960354BA3.jpeg
8CDCC9FE-567C-4D2C-A25F-12771BFDD2CD.jpeg
917DA2E6-6E2C-4F4B-98EF-B8EE774D8CBE.jpeg
Greetings All:
Well...it finally got to be leather jacket weather...it’s always felt weather...and i’m ready to go get gloves on!! Guess i’ll just start switchin jackets all day the way i do hats. Some folks you just can’t make happy!! And gloves!! Arggh
Stetson Nutria for the moment.
Be well. Bowen

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran