Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Just Daniel

One Too Many
Awesome Awesome Awesome.

Ignacio fit my 1900s 3X and my Stetson Vicuña Bowlers. And my Imperial and all the others.. He is amazing! I'm so glad to see him get some attention he deserves.

Gents, for the work he does and what he charges you can almost break even with five hats and a quick flight South of the border.

All the best Doc, send my regards :)

Daniel

He said it was going to be a b***h to make the hat smaller, because it is a very tight felt. He said felts like that just aren't made anymore, and asked how much it cost me. He was surprised when I told him, thought it should have been twice as much.
Then, when I gave him the Dobbs Fifty to conform, he was in awe.
Said the felt was immensely superior to the thousand-dollar El Presidente stuff that Stetson was selling nowadays.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
Awesome Awesome Awesome.

Ignacio fit my 1900s 3X and my Stetson Vicuña Bowlers. And my Imperial and all the others.. He is amazing! I'm so glad to see him get some attention he deserves.

Gents, for the work he does and what he charges you can almost break even with five hats and a quick flight South of the border.

All the best Doc, send my regards :)

Daniel
I will. I am supposed to call him tomorrow morning. He is going to decide if he wants to work on a Sunday. It took him 3.5 hours to reblock and resize three hats today, but we have a long way to go...

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
I’m curious if the Stetson Excellent Stratoliner is part of this haul. If so, I’d like to hear your opinion and Ignacio’s take too.

I’m still in awe of the group photo on your table. The stuff of dreams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I took it to Ignacio today, but we didn't have time to get to it. If he decides to work tomorrow, I will take it to him.
I, myself, was feeling the Stetson One Hundred and the Dobbs Fifty when I got to his shop, so I don't think it was a fair comparison to the Excellent. It wasn't bad... Maybe a little thick and coarse, but as I said, it was hard to judge it next to those two.

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
These new hats are just stunning Max. I especially enjoyed the visit with Ignacio. 50, 100 are off the charts. I see them as very special occasion hats.
I have to think about that. Certainly they both get dirty very easily.

I've always thought that there is no sense in not enjoying your best, and keeping your best stuff in a drawer or hidden away is almost as if you didn't have your best at all.

But just touching both the Dobbs Fifty and the Stetson One hundred with hands that have not recently been washed leaves a mark, so I guess you're right, Mike. Special occasions only.

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
^^^i’m betting the Dobbs Fifty gave the 100 notice!!
The Fifty had to be a special run from Dobbs. I mean it was for the 51’ Yankees. No way Dobbs was gonna throw out anything less than their best.
B
The felt of the Dobbs Fifty is better than the Stetson One Hundred's, Bowen. Noticeably better. Best I own, by far.

What can you tell me...uh, I mean us, about this one Dr. Tejeda?

WtDatAu.jpg

They're all wonderful, but that one caught and held my attention immediately. Yeah, I have unusual tastes. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace