Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
J.T.Marcus said:
Super nice!!! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Agreed - really nice look.

Also, your pics of the Fed IV Fawn give me a MUCH better idea of what my Fed IV Heritage Fawn should look like. I suspected the website photos were a little subdued.

Goose.

Practically Family
FurFeltFedora said:
Goose - I'll edit the post tomorrow :)

J.T.Marcus said:
Super nice!!! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

ScottF said:
Agreed - really nice look.

Also, your pics of the Fed IV Fawn give me a MUCH better idea of what my Fed IV Heritage Fawn should look like. I suspected the website photos were a little subdued.
Just messing with FFF. But you knew that ;)
AND, I agree with J.T. Marcus..."nice". And not just the lid. Great picture.

Interesting ScottF. I too was wondering what the "real" diff is between Heritage and
Tawny.

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Goose. said:
Just messing with FFF. But you knew that ;)
AND, I agree with J.T. Marcus..."nice". And not just the lid. Great picture.

Interesting ScottF. I too was wondering what the "real" diff is between Heritage and
Tawny.

If the Tawny looks just like FF's pic, then it's almost exactly the color of a Stetson I bought at the hat shop, which I suspected, and which is why I went for the Heritage. I guess when I get it, I should mail to FF for a photo session :)

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
jimmy the lid said:
Agreed -- likely, very early 40's.

That's a great looking lid -- congrats!

Cheers,
JtL

Thanks JtL - Okay, I mentioned to you a while back that Robert Montgomery wore a fedora in "Mr & Mrs Smith" that looked just like yours. I can't find pics anywhere that show a decent shot of it, but this one gives you an idea of his preferred crease - very neat look.

(edited): found a better one

RobtMontg.jpg

Goose.

Practically Family
scottyrocks said:
Very nice. Goes with your facial hair.
Reminds me of my when I first put on my Moonstone. My wife, sincerely, said that it goes nice with my grey hair :eusa_doh:

Hey ScottF...my Tawny looks exactly like FFF...but not on such a good looking mug. I'm curious about the "Heritage" fawn as well and will ask for comparison pics in a more appropriate thread.

GClark

One of the Regulars
Rick Blaine said:

I have found it highly satisfactory, though have as yet worn it very little as yet. It has a sewn, not backwoven brim, as the PB Indy brown does, denoting it as perhaps, I think, a slightly lesser quality product than what PB offers. The crown is a skosh higher & the weave a mite looser than the PB giving it maybe a bit more air circulation to the top of your head. A nice leather sweat. Shipping was swift. Crease is a bit uneven, but that doesn't bother me a bit as I too am a bit asymmetrical. lol

PBs' Indy, though, has a certain something. When you put it on you head the brim bends just so and it simply feels right. I have not seen him with the "Indiana" model this year, tho' he has several coco colored beauties up there, they are not quite the same. Of the 3 PBs' I have and one I gave to my Dad, the Indy is my favorite.

This is my PB Indy from last year -
IndyPanamaF.jpg

IndyPanamaS.jpg

The brim seems to be backwoven and sewn. Pretty nice for the price, around $40 if I remember correctly. Funny - I bought one of these for my father as well. Is there a "father and son" hat pic thread here? - that would be neat to see.
GC

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
Got a new Olney boater over the weekend. It was less expensive in the store than one on eBay, and I got a discount. I had to go down a couple sizes to get it to fit, I wear hats lower and this one sits very high. One with a higher crown could sit lower.

DSC09667.jpg

I really need a linen three piece suit now. I lost one on eBay a while ago, so I'll just keep looking.

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
Nick D said:
Got a new Olney boater over the weekend. It was less expensive in the store than one on eBay, and I got a discount. I had to go down a couple sizes to get it to fit, I wear hats lower and this one sits very high. One with a higher crown could sit lower.

DSC09667.jpg

I really need a linen three piece suit now. I lost one on eBay a while ago, so I'll just keep looking.

Few people look really good in a boater. You are one of the few!!! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Warbaby

One Too Many
Speaking of boaters...

I've wanted a boater for a long time, but could never find one in my size that was in good condition and didn't cost way more than I could afford. Last month I found on on eBay that looked like it was ok and the seller's measurements indicated it might fit. I took a chance and got it for 20 bucks. Here's the original eBay photo:

Boater1.jpg

The seller wouldn't ship to Canada so I had it sent to my daughter in upstate New York because I was going to be visiting her in a few weeks. I just returned from my trip to the other side of Canada to visit my ex (we're still best friends) and from where we drove down to the states to visit our daughter and claim my hat. Oh frabjous joy! The hat was in great condition - a tad large, but easily remedied with the old trick of folded newspaper inside the sweatband. The best part was that the red striped band was put on over a black band (probably by a college student back in the day to make it look snappier). I removed the red band and found a perfect original band beneath it. Here's my new boater in action while taking a trip on a restored steam train in Quebec:

R_Boater.jpg

R_BoaterTrain.jpg

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
WB, that's the best job of wearing one of those I've ever seen anyone do. The whole ensemble is super, and I can recognize that glint in the eye as the result of being very pleased with one's hat purchase. And well you should be.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steveng183