Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pat Kindermann

New in Town
Late 50s, maybe 60s. The KNox name didn't die when Hat Corporation bought it, and I think Hatco (now in Garland, TX) owns the name. Are there any tags behind the sweatband?
Oh, thank you for that information. As for tags, the only tag is the size 7 (yes, another small one). However, I am amazed how well this hat lasted and when I pulled up the leather, how clean it is under there. Again, my thanks.

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, Steve. I do wear my hats with just about any (every?)thing, although about the most out-there thing I wear, when it's cold, are hoodies, and usually with a collared shirt underneath, although not in the above pictures because I wasn't going anywhere. Usually it's a collared shirt and a leather jacket, sometimes with a sweater or sweatshirt material cardigan in between.

But I like a fedora with a hoodie and leather jacket over it, assuming the colors work.

Although I don't usually care for black hats, truth be told, I bought this hat because:

- the proportions (and size) were perfect. It's not often I see a vintage fedora with a 2 3/8" brim and perfectly matching proportions.
- I have some black leather jackets that I wanted a black hat for. Gray is nice, but sometimes I wanna go all black, especially when the jacket, pants, and shoes are black.
Sounds like you're wearing your hats just the way they should be, Scotty - the way you like 'em [emoji145]

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

View attachment 198550 View attachment 198551 View attachment 198552 View attachment 198553 Knox Flying Cloud Fedora. Good morning. Still working on several hats and this has me a bit stumped. I think one of my questions was answered (the pin) but I am unsure of the date of manufacture. I read in Wiki that "It went defunct in 1932 when it along with Cavanagh-Dobbs, Inc. and Dunlap & Company to form the Hat Corporation of America." I thought this hat was a bit later, perhaps 50s. Can anyone share any information? Thanks. View attachment 198546 View attachment 198547 View attachment 198548 Many thanks.

That is one nice Flying Cloud. Great ribbon color on it. The Knox name continued under HCA. My guess on it would be 60’s. The manufacturer tag would help. If you don’t see it under the sweat.. it could be under the liner just a bit. Is the liner sewn... or glued?

Best,
Joe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
Anton Pichler fedora in a colour called mongol mele. Size 53 with the underwelt brim at 5,4cm and the crown at 10cm at the pinch. And a fancy ribbon to boot. There are so many colours in this felt that it's mindboggling. Very nifty little hat (bought it as a gift for someone).

antonpichler_01-jpg.198490
antonpichler_06-jpg.198495

I'm not one for flashiness, but that lid gets everything right.

Perhaps it being (in the) green (family) helps.

Pat Kindermann

New in Town
That is one nice Flying Cloud. Great ribbon color on it. The Knox name continued under HCA. My guess on it would be 60’s. The manufacturer tag would help. If you don’t see it under the sweat.. it could be under the liner just a bit. Is the liner sewn... or glued?

Best,
Joe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Hi, Joe,
Yes, the designer had a good eye. I, too, love that ribbon. As for the liner, I'm not sure, but I would be afraid to mess around with it because it's in such great shape. Thank you.

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Hi, Joe,
Yes, the designer had a good eye. I, too, love that ribbon. As for the liner, I'm not sure, but I would be afraid to mess around with it because it's in such great shape. Thank you.
You don't have to do anything drastic with the liner, Pat. You should be able to see something of the label, if any, under the edges of the liner covered by the sweat. With a finger, gently lift between the stitching or glue. No damage done.
01dff0c2da5199d51deb65086a84b3bd.jpg
600b85f3079a9c45adf0e43a12d5d04a.jpg

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Hagwood

Call Me a Cab
Well another great packing job ! I’m 4 for 4 on my last 4 hats. I’ve been looking for something that would look good with a copper colored ribbon and I want to try my hand at making a shark gill bow. Thought this Mallory would look good in it, and only $10....

View attachment 198208

View attachment 198209

View attachment 198210

View attachment 198212

View attachment 198216

View attachment 198214

View attachment 198215

I think I misjudged the colors. Don’t think this ribbon is going to work. It’s not really the cooper I was thinking of, but the hat looks different than the pics from ebay also....

4A148112-379A-40CD-A8BF-2E78C5D7D143.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21