Post New Hats Here!

Discussion in 'Hats' started by Rundquist, May 4, 2004.

1. Héctor Fernández

Héctor Fernández One Too Many

Be careful, Sargento Garcia is looking for you[emoji1] very nice hermano.[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

steur, BobHufford, M Hatman and 3 others like this.
  2. drmaxtejeda

drmaxtejeda I'll Lock Up

Jajajajaja! I'd forgotten his name. What was the alcalde's name, te acuerdas?

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

Héctor Fernández and Redfokker like this.
  3. mayserwegener

mayserwegener

Hückel Weilheim "Velvet", 59 cm, Over Welt Brim, possibly late 1950s early 1960s. This is the first "Velvet" quality I have encountered. The felt is very soft with a great color mix and finish. The finish is similar to Velour but a bit looser.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Open Crown

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Redfokker

Redfokker

Beautiful color! I wonder if the process to make a velour and a "velvet" are similar? A very pettable, wearable hat.

Steve1857, mayserwegener and Blare like this.
  5. mayserwegener

mayserwegener

Stefan, This one is really fantastic. I have run across similar pressed finish like this but always very small sizes.

steur, Steve1857 and Blare like this.
  6. Just A Hat Rack

Just A Hat Rack A-List Customer

Love it Max. You wear it well.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

drmaxtejeda and Steve1857 like this.
  7. Hagwood

Hagwood Call Me a Cab

Ha ha, yep the good ol’ 70’s. I crossed all the groups and had friends in all of them. We had the Gearheads, Jocks, Socials, Ropers and Freaks. I was mostly a Gearhead with my 600 HP 68 Camaro, but also a Freak. Hung out with all of them though.

BobHufford, Rmccamey and AbbaDatDeHat like this.
  8. Hagwood

Hagwood Call Me a Cab

Unique one there and looks great on you.

drmaxtejeda and Steve1857 like this.
  9. mayserwegener

mayserwegener

Mike, Thanks! I think "Velet" is just some name they used (maybe not Velour). My guess is it was Scratched with with wire brushes rather than sanded (sand paper). Real Velour must be from Hare Fur and then Wet Brushed, Scratched and then Clipped. I am not sure if this is Hare and Wet Brushed but it looks like it was Scratched and Clipped (but somewhat roughly so a bit Flamand).

10. alanfgag

alanfgag

Very nice Max. My one sombrero has the distinction of being my least comfortable hat. Don't think I've ever worn it outside of the house.

sombrero1.jpg

11. Héctor Fernández

Was it Capitán Monasterio?

Magistrado Carlos Galindo

Or

The Eagle José Sebastián de Vargas

Redfokker and drmaxtejeda like this.
  12. drmaxtejeda

drmaxtejeda I'll Lock Up

How's the felt on that, Alan? I tried to find a vintage Cordobés that wasn't for tourists without luck. Yours is vintage, right? Were vintage made better than the modern ones?

steur and Redfokker like this.
  13. drmaxtejeda

drmaxtejeda I'll Lock Up

Thank you! I have it on as the top of a double decker right now. The bottom half is a Borsalino.[​IMG]

steur, Pellie, Bill Hughes and 7 others like this.
  14. drmaxtejeda

drmaxtejeda I'll Lock Up

Thanks, Tim.

Redfokker likes this.
  15. Hagwood

Hagwood Call Me a Cab

LOL, that's great !

drmaxtejeda likes this.
  16. drmaxtejeda

drmaxtejeda I'll Lock Up

Alcalde Luis Ramone, Wikipedia says.
    Did you ever watch "Zorro the Gay Blade" with George Hamilton? Hilarious movie, and o e of my faves. Another G. Hamilton movie I like is "Love at First Bite". If you haven't watched them, do. Chistosísimas. Te duele la panza de la risa.[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Altiori

Altiori Familiar Face

B8ECD1A5-6F5C-43A2-B951-7789F49FF206.jpeg Just received my Christmas present from JJ Hats. It will go back in the box shortly so I can enjoy opening it a second time. (And to keep my good friend from liking it too much as well.)
    Evidently this is one of not many remaining Stetsonians that JJ has in stock. I was pleased as always by their customer service and knowledgeable staff. I recognize it is not vintage but finding vintage for my 7 1/2 mound of flesh is quite difficult. As such, it has been custom when I can afford it, or luck and great retailers such as JJ, DelMonico, Bencraft, Holland, etc otherwise.

I am pleased to own a few custom hats made by Bond, Garrison, Óptimo, and Art—all members here. Likewise I have enjoyed my off the shelf beauties from the retailers I mentioned. As I am sure each of you understands, each hat offers its own fine memory. Like them all, I love this hat.

The felt is rabbit, firm but not a helmet. The style is old school and fun to play with.

I cannot wait to Teardrop it. That’s likely what I’ll do on Christmas Day once the rush is over. I’ll thank God to be able to enjoy another wonderful Christmas with my long suffering yet understanding wife whose closet is increasingly challenged by my boxes of lids, and with steam, felt, and bourbon, toast Him, her, the day, my hats, and the enjoyment of sharing this passion with you all on the Lounge.

Zombie_61, steur, M Hatman and 8 others like this.
  18. Frunobulax

Frunobulax

Very nice. The open crown Stetsonian is a fine hat, I have two.

We do not know the felt compositions of the open crown RS hats, though. That info is not public, to my knowledge.

Zombie_61 likes this.
  19. I’ve been visiting Mr. Elmore for quite a few years. At 91 he is still running his mens and boys wear in small town Houston, Missouri. He does a decent Levi’s business, but I swear the remainder of the stock is left over from the 1980s or older. I’ve bought a old-stock jacket or two, but the hats he still has in stock we’re moth eaten or too small (brands are Beaver and Bee). Today I figured neither one of us was getting any younger and I thought I should a least buy a hat with a store imprint just for posterity. The only one the moths missed (other than the denim cowboy hats) was this Beaver Brand and I think it will fit OK with a small stretch.

7F2DF7F9-7920-40BC-B18C-BF669D2F11AB.jpeg

7AC804CE-5578-476F-8F60-4C89E052A1BE.jpeg

03A51E62-9F7D-4780-B6C7-FF9066B2EDE4.jpeg

8688AA17-F64A-4438-87B1-1A0E04D69C85.jpeg

Original store dust...

46951A66-206A-4DCD-B9F1-B838DE26F0DF.jpeg

DF77B517-4CD5-4635-957C-291E1DBE1347.jpeg

Mr. Elmore was part of a gospel group since 1948 and they recently recorded their first album. I’ll have to make a trip back and buy a copy.

1A91A12E-F272-4D41-9164-EA9E8A31EABD.jpeg

B45267AA-C5C3-4615-9BD6-0C90BE1840EF.jpeg

Mr. Elmore is the second from the right. There have been 22 member changes over the years, but he is a founding member.

12F412C6-6BE6-49CD-A6EF-2B9097EA76BF.jpeg

I also bought a shirt. :)

A7A475AC-2A74-4BC4-AF2E-3D3532297B89.jpeg

20. Héctor Fernández

Nice find! Bob, I'm going to have to visit you one of these days and go on a hat hunt[emoji1]