Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Personal privacy is hard to maintain in this day & age. I would never contact someone out of the blue over something like a hat. Now if I owned the 1955 Mercedes Gullwing coupe they once owned...different story.

View attachment 204565
Wow! That is one heck of a gorgeous car. Love its 1950s space-age, Sputnik look. I'd settle for that great hat you got out of the estate sale though, Jack [emoji4]

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Bill Hughes

My Mail is Forwarded Here
A couple of things about this derby. First, I got it at a substaintial discount from the asking price. Second, a huge thanks to one of my dear Lounge friends for helping coordinate the purchase. This hat made a rather lengthy trip around the U.S. to get here, but it got here in great shape. This stiff felt premier Knox "The Fifth Avenue" is typical of bowlers; black, 4 1/2 crown, 1 inch ribbon, and a small pleat on the liner. This one is dated 1930, so I'm glad about that. It has a few spots on the liner and has been worn, but the sweat is still soft and easily wearable and that's what i plan to do for years to come. Thanks for looking.

View attachment 204404 View attachment 204405 View attachment 204406 View attachment 204407 View attachment 204408 View attachment 204409 View attachment 204410 View attachment 204411
Looks great Randy.

DaveProc

I'll Lock Up
FB_IMG_1578432714765.jpg FB_IMG_1578432718129.jpg FB_IMG_1578432720995.jpg FB_IMG_1578432723867.jpg FB_IMG_1578432727176.jpg FB_IMG_1578432730184.jpg Maybe 1950s ? Bradford. Other than being little dusty it is appears to be in almost new condition

Héctor Fernández

One Too Many
Someone is selling his stuff for a reason.

Plus, he’s a lawyer, HJ. Might sue to get it back.
If I were 90 years old, and a lawyer, and some Jack wagon is selling my stuff without my knowledge, a can of Stone Cold Steve Austin woop ass would be opened in a nano second[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
A couple of things about this derby. First, I got it at a substaintial discount from the asking price. Second, a huge thanks to one of my dear Lounge friends for helping coordinate the purchase. This hat made a rather lengthy trip around the U.S. to get here, but it got here in great shape. This stiff felt premier Knox "The Fifth Avenue" is typical of bowlers; black, 4 1/2 crown, 1 inch ribbon, and a small pleat on the liner. This one is dated 1930, so I'm glad about that. It has a few spots on the liner and has been worn, but the sweat is still soft and easily wearable and that's what i plan to do for years to come. Thanks for looking.

View attachment 204404 View attachment 204405 View attachment 204406 View attachment 204407 View attachment 204408 View attachment 204409 View attachment 204410 View attachment 204411
Great hat Randy. Guess a few of us will be flipping Knox sweatbands looking for a date. Cool Thanks
B

Héctor Fernández

One Too Many

This is my definition of "rare"[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122] Beautiful!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
A package with two refurbishments from Rick at Phoenix Hats @humanshoes yesterday.

The first is a nice Champ trilby I was gifted about this time last year. It has been most of its life a tone-on-tone black short hair. No offense, but solid blacks don't excite me much (derbys being the exception). Rick installed a mid-gray ribbon and, wow, what a difference! The ribbon now pulls out a lot of the white/silver flecks in the hair and moves the hat more to a charcoal color. This has always been a great grab-and-go hat and it is even more so now and the gray tone will match shirts and jeans with ease! Thanks Rick.

(These pics seem to show a blue tint that is not evident in-person.)
20200108_094451.jpg 20200108_094509.jpg 20200108_094523.jpg 20200108_094539.jpg 20200108_094610.jpg

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
A package with two refurbishments from Rick at Phoenix Hats @humanshoes yesterday.

The first is a nice Champ trilby I was gifted about this time last year. It has been most of its life a tone-on-tone black short hair. No offense, but solid blacks don't excite me much (derbys being the exception). Rick installed a mid-gray ribbon and, wow, what a difference! The ribbon now pulls out a lot of the white/silver flecks in the hair and moves the hat more to a charcoal color. This has always been a great grab-and-go hat and it is even more so now and the gray tone will match shirts and jeans with ease! Thanks Rick.

View attachment 204761 View attachment 204762 View attachment 204764 View attachment 204765 View attachment 204766
That looks really cool, Randy. Smart addition of the grey ribbon.

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
The second hat from Rick @humanshoes is, in actuality, a new hat that has been seriously updated.

Last summer I found a new Sunbody fedora (2 1/4 brim) at a bargain basement price. Taking a cue from some of my mentors here on the Lounge, I sent the hat to Rick who put in a new leather sweatband. He also replaced the generic cloth ribbon with a 1 1/4 pugg made from one of my old silk ties. I was hoping it would match and I am very happy with the results! It is a long time until summer but I am looking forward to putting this one to a lot of use when hot weather gets here. This is a much more wearable hat and one that I am very proud to own.

One a more personal note, the pugg is from the tie I wore at my daughters wedding twelve years ago (wow, time flies). I have not worn the tie much since then and I thought this would be a good way to repurpose the tie and make myself a reminder of that special day.

20200108_094807.jpg 20200108_094831.jpg 20200108_094745.jpg 20200108_094638.jpg 20200108_094626.jpg 20200108_094655.jpg 20200108_094731.jpg

The second hat from Rick @humanshoes is, in actuality, a new hat that has been seriously updated.

Last summer I found a new Sunbody fedora (2 1/4 brim) at a bargain basement price. Taking a cue from some of my mentors here on the Lounge, I sent the hat to Rick who put in a new leather sweatband. He also replaced the generic cloth ribbon with a 1 1/4 pugg made from one of my old silk ties. I was hoping it would match and I am very happy with the results! It is a long time until summer but I am looking forward to putting this one to a lot of use when hot weather gets here. This is a much more wearable hat and one that I am very proud to own.

One a more personal note, the pugg is from the tie I wore at my daughters wedding twelve years ago (wow, time flies). I have not worn the tie much since then and I thought this would be a good way to repurpose the tie and make myself a reminder of that special day.

View attachment 204776 View attachment 204777 View attachment 204778 View attachment 204779 View attachment 204780 View attachment 204782 View attachment 204783

Both hats look great, Randy. Great work by Rick! The SunBody now looks more like a nice Milan and less like a Guatemalan palm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up

View attachment 204776 View attachment 204777 View attachment 204778 View attachment 204779 View attachment 204780 View attachment 204782 View attachment 204783
Super refurb, Randy. I love that you had your old silk tie made into the ribbon. It's much better to have it on your Panama than hidden in a closet. And what memories it will bring back every time you wear it. Nice touch, sir [emoji145]

View attachment 204761 View attachment 204762 View attachment 204764 View attachment 204765 View attachment 204766
Looks great Randy. A nice upgrade.

Best,
Joe

Bill Hughes

My Mail is Forwarded Here

Love it Randy. You have just given me ideas for pugs. Very unique and personal.

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
Thank you all. Yes, this little Sunbody turned out to be a lot better than the sum of its parts!

That looks really cool, Randy. Smart addition of the grey ribbon.

Both hats look great, Randy. Great work by Rick! The SunBody now looks more like a nice Milan and less like a Guatemalan palm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Super refurb, Randy. I love that you had your old silk tie made into the ribbon. It's much better to have it on your Panama than hidden in a closet. And what memories it will bring back every time you wear it. Nice touch, sir [emoji145]

Looks great Randy. A nice upgrade.

Best,
Joe

Love it Randy. You have just given me ideas for pugs. Very unique and personal.

Hagwood

Call Me a Cab

Wow, great work ! The gray ribbon was a great choice and the Sunbody looks fantastic. That will always be a great conversation piece whenever you wear it with the story of the tie. Perfect !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24