Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.
Two hats showed up today, one of which is a brown Stetson St. Regis Homburg which will clean up nicely. Someone really went to town trying to change the shape of it so some steam is in order.
This is a much softer felt than my other, earlier St. Regis so it doesn't take much to change the way it looks. Pull it down on your head and that top pops right up!
I was expecting it to be a much stiffer hat than it actually turned out to be.
Earlier one has no wind trolley, this one does, both have that anti-hair goop plastic shield.
Nothing special to pose it on today as there's just about no light and it's drizzling out at the moment.
The current Stetson Homburgs are MUCH stiffer than the St. Regis (no reshaping them) and sit considerably higher up on your head. They're also shaped quite a bit differently.
I suppose Stetson went to the hard shell version as it will always retain it's shape so you don't really have to be all that careful with it. View attachment 212879 View attachment 212880 View attachment 212881 View attachment 212882

That was a good get and a great price. Stetson offered an open crown Homburg as part of their 150th Anniversary collection (or maybe it was the next year). They appear to have been short lived, though.

SteveFord

A-List Customer
Thanks. It wasn't all that much and I really couldn't afford it but what the hell, I never had a brown homburg before. Well, now I do!
It's in real nice shape but isn't so perfect that I'll be leery of wearing it.

The other one that showed up today will basically spend it's life in a box.
Birdies are out, berries are in season, better not...
I'll post some pics and stuff over the weekend.

Héctor Fernández

One Too Many
Thanks to Bill Hughes for offering these two beauties.

Vintage Mallory in a beautiful bluish heather color and a Dobbs Fifteen Two Tone Game Bird.

I also received this gorgeous St. Regis at the recommendation of my friend Panos. We will see :)

A good day in La Casa de Fernández.

20200213_174224.jpg
20200213_175303.jpg
20200213_174241.jpg
20200213_174258.jpg
20200213_174203.jpg

20200213_174149.jpg

Rumad

One Too Many
I added this Churchill Lord's hat, against my better judgment. I have my doubts about suitability, but my friend Panos has convinced me to give it a chance. It is in outstanding shape and it came with the original box. Not much information on the sticker inside other than the price of $20.00.

Time will tell :)
View attachment 211995 View attachment 211996 View attachment 211997 View attachment 211999 View attachment 212000
Bro, outstanding! Why the hesitation? That hat was made for you.

PanosChris

Practically Family

Vintage Mallory in a beautiful bluish heather color and a Dobbs Fifteen Two Tone Game Bird.

I also received this gorgeous St. Regis at the recommendation of my friend Panos. We will see :)

View attachment 212925 View attachment 212926 View attachment 212927 View attachment 212928 View attachment 212930
View attachment 212931

Great new additions Hector! You wear them all equally good. You can always add some piches to the st Regis to make the transition smoother, although I think it looks good as it is. Well done my friend :)

The $3 mystery hat arrived. Looks to be a Resistol Wide Country disguised as a Craig Lawing Enterprises (Charlotte, NC), National Auctioneer Association hat. Pity about the mothing at the brim break. This will end up in the sale/trade pile as it is way too small for me.

View attachment 213117

View attachment 213118

View attachment 213119

View attachment 213120

View attachment 213111

View attachment 213112

View attachment 213113

View attachment 213114

View attachment 213115

View attachment 213116

I've seen (and own) worse.

Héctor Fernández

One Too Many
Thanks my friend. I agree, it looks good without the pinch. I have a nice de la Renta sports coat that will go hand in hand with the St. Regis.

Great new additions Hector! You wear them all equally good. You can always add some piches to the st Regis to make the transition smoother, although I think it looks good as it is. Well done my friend :)

View attachment 212925 View attachment 212926 View attachment 212927 View attachment 212928 View attachment 212930
View attachment 212931
I'd say that is an exceptional day, Héctor. Stunning hats, all three.

SteveFord

A-List Customer
stuer, you might have a point, why quit while you're ahead.
I guess it a rather fitting name having come from Canada. The old Dobbs Frost, today's weather is a wee bit nip.

Thank you again, belfastboy, that was exactly what I was looking for!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner