Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.
I think I scored pretty good on this one. A wider brim 1950's Cavanagh in just excellent condition in a beautiful Pecan color. I can't believe nobody bid on it, so I got it for $50. Already had a pretty nice diamond bash, so all I did was just even it out a little and it's good to go. Super soft thick felt and perfect sweat and liner. I think it will be a favorite.

2-5/8" brim
4-1/2" crown at the center pinch
5-5/8 open crown

View attachment 222177

View attachment 222178

View attachment 222179

View attachment 222180

View attachment 222174

View attachment 222176

View attachment 222194
View attachment 222171

View attachment 222170

View attachment 222173
Glad to see it go to a good home, Tim. I think it was actually listed two times before and didn't sell! Such a nice hat too.

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Nice catch, Tim. Nice clean up, too. It looks good on you because you know how to wear it. I've always said, that's the secret of how to wear a hat and how to come out of ones hat comfort zone. Cudos!

I never really thought the big brim Westerns looked good on me, but I snagged this black Stetson Finalist on Goodwill for $10, thinking I might try to make it into a Wyatt Earp style. It was so filthy with dried mud all over it that I had to give it a full soap and water bath. Took the liner out and washed it separately. Looked like it had seen life on a ranch ! Still some patina on it, but just gives it character as a working hat.

A nice hatband as a bonus too, I was looking for a similar one for my Revenger. After cleaning and shaping, the Wife likes it on me, so I may keep it as is.

Not sure what all these X’s are about on this newer hat, can’t find much info on the Finalist.

View attachment 222051

View attachment 222052

View attachment 222049

View attachment 222053

View attachment 222050

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Looking good under that wonderful Homie, Randy. Excellent ribbon change.

Stay well, my friend!

Bill Hughes decided this mid-gray Knox Superfine could reside a little further West for a while. Mike at Northwest Hats changed the black ribbon to a silver for a tone-on-tone appearance. The results are excellent!

View attachment 222099 View attachment 222100 View attachment 222101 View attachment 222102 View attachment 222103 View attachment 222104 View attachment 222105 View attachment 222106 View attachment 222108

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
IMG_20200324_213557.jpg Thanks B. Kind of you.
I've been experimenting in these homebound times. So much time, but no need to shave or put on a jacket and tie.

Went for this look today. I may keep it once we're back to normalcy :)

Hope you and yours stay well, B.

Last pic is a great look for you Steve.
A very nice change up.
I wear cattleman’s every which way. Some hats just do down in front, right. Today’s Churchill for me does such.
B

Attachments

• IMG_20200324_213600.jpg
    IMG_20200324_213600.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 228

Hagwood

Call Me a Cab
View attachment 222410 Thanks B. Kind of you.
I've been experimenting in these homebound times. So much time, but no need to shave or put on a jacket and tie.

Definitely a different look from you than we're used to Steve, but I think it's great !!

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up

It’s good to see some Cowboy no matter where or when.
You look right at home with it.
The other boot is ready to drop around here. I’m just trying to stay out from under it.
Be well and safe. Bowen
Ps: try some mule kicks, Steve. You may like em.

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, B.
Positive vibes going your way, my friend.
Mule kicks? Enlighten me, B.

It’s good to see some Cowboy no matter where or when.
You look right at home with it.
The other boot is ready to drop around here. I’m just trying to stay out from under it.
Be well and safe. Bowen
Ps: try some mule kicks, Steve. You may like em.

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, gentlemen! I'm enjoying my homburgs a lot. Too bad it is warming up here and they will have to go in boxes soon.

That is beautiful bow work, Randy. I personally prefer Mike Miller's more classic looking work to Art Fawcett's more personal style, as nice as it is. Gives the hat a totally different vibe. Nice!

Looking good under that wonderful Homie, Randy. Excellent ribbon change.

Stay well, my friend!

The Shady Oak is essentially a RD OR made to Amon Carter’s specification. There’s some info around the lounge on them and Amon Carter.
I'm slippin'...just now made the connection to the significance of the Royal De Luxe. So now it is documented that the Stetson Shady Oak Farm Amon Carter was available in 7X, 3X & Royal De Luxe. All sold thru Washer Bros.

IMG_8191.JPG

IMG_8110.JPG

Maybe we can get the owner to add the 7X pic.

Totally different look, but you make it work, Steve. From what I gather a mulekick crease is when you make an extra dent front and/or back below the center dent (i.e. as if you'd been kicked in the head by a mule).

410aa1a486a86d6fc6bdedcddb441147.jpg

Thank you Stefan, and thanks for the explanation about the mule kick. I like that.
Well there is always: First, find a mule. Second, stand behind said mule. Third, slap the mule on the ass (pun intended). You will find out about a mule kick real fast!!!:eek::rolleyes:;)
Then there is always Stefans answer, as regarding hat creases.......

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Well there is always: First, find a mule. Second, stand behind said mule. Third, slap the mule on the ass (pun intended). You will find out about a mule kick real fast!!!:eek::rolleyes:;)
Then there is always Stefans answer, as regarding hat creases.......

Thanks Mark. Then there's always: drink a bottle of Jack D and wake up in the morning. It won't affect the crease, but you'll sure feel like you're a sorry ass who's been kicked in the head by a mule ;-)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner