Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.
Byer Rolnick Resistol Twenty soft bowler; mid to late 60's I'm thinking. And it is soft! I could easily dry crease this one into a Homburg with little effort. With a brim of 1 3/4, this one is about 1/4 inch smaller than my other stiff bowlers and it carries a slightly shorter crown as well but it looks well proportioned. I am pleased to finally add a mid-brown to my derby collection.

View attachment 281464 View attachment 281465 View attachment 281466 View attachment 281467 View attachment 281468
Very nice, Randy. The collection of bowlers is growing!

TheOldFashioned

Call Me a Cab
The Kingsbury Hat (Beaver Brand) in 100% beaver:
IMG_3649.JPG
IMG_3651.JPG

More pics and details in Langenberg / Beaver Brands thread.

Rumad

One Too Many
A secondhand custom from Kirkpatrick. The felt is nice and dense and feels substantially better than the Rand’s western hat I recently received; although, the Rand’s showed a much higher build quality. This Kirkpatrick is a nice unpretentious hat that I’ll probably reshape and add to the rotation.

View attachment 282154 View attachment 282155 View attachment 282156 View attachment 282158 View attachment 282159 View attachment 282160 View attachment 282157
I don’t know specifically what but there’s something that’s making me really like this one Brent. I really like it.

Bill Hughes

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks Bill. I remember you have had a couple SOBS hats. Could you post the complete email in the thread I started for documentation purposes (unless it contains personal info, of course)?

The email is from October 16, 2017.

“I had forgot about this liner this was but in hats i believe in the late 70s
The brim looks a little bigger than a shady oaks this very possibly could be what was called a shady pine pretty much same just about a 1/4 bigger brim.
I see the Brim was probably done "the texas Touch" by the looks of it. Tom would steam that hat and have the customer do what he called "the texas touch" then he would give them a silver dollar.”

When I took the hat to Peters Brothers, Brad said he was off by a decade. It’s actually from the 60s. I asked why a Shady Pines would have a SOBS sweatband. Brad said that the Shady Oaks Banker Special 100 was the only one that was all beaver. The other models had less beaver content. So a person could order a Banker Special and have it finished out anyway they wanted.

BTW I think all this should be added to the Peters Bros thread.

https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/peters-brothers.17184/page-31

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21