Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.
“Tear” wasn’t a Freudian slip, was it? :rolleyes:
No, but this is:

pcrNSMZ.jpg

:cool:

I gotta lot to learn, the center dent doesn't make it a Homburg? Would you consider it more of a Fedora? I see the little pinches on the crown....

No worries, I’m still learning too. The center dent “gutter crown” is the most common crease for a homburg, but it isn’t a defining characteristic. Side dents or pinches can also be found in homburgs and fedoras. All homburgs will have a bound brim (ribbon binding on the brim edge) and the brim will be curled. There’s a thread called The Homburg Nation you can look through for lots of examples.

thatguykeek

New in Town
No worries, I’m still learning too. The center dent “gutter crown” is the most common crease for a homburg, but it isn’t a defining characteristic. Side dents or pinches can also be found in homburgs and fedoras. All homburgs will have a bound brim (ribbon binding on the brim edge) and the brim will be curled. There’s a thread called The Homburg Nation you can look through for lots of examples.
Thanks the the explanation. Wahhh, all my own center dents don't comply. I gotta get me a real Homburg with the ribbon stitched curled brim. Thanks again!

I think you left off a letter...
Yeah, but "Mom I'd Like to Have Dinner With" takes too long to type.

It's like Gilligan's Island. I used to debate over Ginger vs. MaryAnn. But the older I get, the better Mrs. Howell looks. :rolleyes:
Y'know, when I was much younger I thought Natalie Schafer was quite a bit older than she actually was, which was the intent. But as I got older, I was still attracted to Mary Ann first and foremost. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana