Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.
Almost forgot one (well, I did forget yesterday).
Mossant fedora for Sools in a colour called Tourbe (peat). Size 59 (6 punti) with the raw edge brim at 6cm and the crown at 10cm at the center dent. Unlined with just the Sools crown patch. Weighs 114 grams. As always these Sools hats are excellent quality. I have a Mossant tourbe in my size as well; same model but with a stitched edge.

mossant tourbe59_01.jpg

mossant tourbe59_02.jpg

mossant tourbe59_03.jpg

mossant tourbe59_04.jpg

mossant tourbe59_06.jpg

mossant tourbe59_07.jpg

mossant tourbe59_08.jpg

mossant tourbe59_09.jpg

mossant tourbe59_10.jpg

mossant tourbe59_12.jpg

1936 - 1953 Borsalino top hat. I think it's late in that range with the purple stamped hat size on the label, but correct me if I'm wrong. It appears to have a "ribbon" similar to a mourning band (there is not another ribbon underneath). Sold out of a Caracas, Venezuela store.

I was hoping this would fit me, but it is closer to a true 7-3/8. The hat received some crush damage in shipping and that left some creases. I have not attempted to see if steaming would help -- not sure if it would on a stiff hat.

IMG-8024.JPG

IMG-8025.JPG

IMG-8026.JPG

IMG-8027.JPG

IMG-8028.JPG

IMG-8029.JPG

IMG-8030.JPG

IMG-8033.JPG

IMG-8032.JPG

IMG-8035.JPG

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
1936 - 1953 Borsalino top hat. I think it's late in that range with the purple stamped hat size on the label, but correct me if I'm wrong. It appears to have a "ribbon" similar to a mourning band (there is not another ribbon underneath). Sold out of a Caracas, Venezuela store.

I was hoping this would fit me, but it is closer to a true 7-3/8. The hat received some crush damage in shipping and that left some creases. I have not attempted to see if steaming would help -- not sure if it would on a stiff hat.

View attachment 483231

View attachment 483232

View attachment 483233

View attachment 483234

View attachment 483235

View attachment 483236

View attachment 483237

View attachment 483239

View attachment 483238

View attachment 483240
Wow! What a find, Bob. Don't recall ever seeing a Borsalino Top Hat before.

There's no mourning band there as far as I can see. Looks like a normal Top Hat ribbon.

Great find!

Wow! What a find, Bob. Don't recall ever seeing a Borsalino Top Hat before.

There's no mourning band there as far as I can see. Looks like a normal Top Hat ribbon.

Great find!

Thanks Steve! I didn't realized there was a lack of Borsalino toppers out there. Also, I was expecting a grosgrain ribbon and not this "gauze", but I'm a top hat newbie.

I sure wish it fit!

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
I don’t buy many top hats, but this one needed to be protected. No labels seen behind the sweatband. The sweatband looks to be a replacement as there isn’t any branding…just a prior owner’s initials. The crown is approximately 5 ¼” and the whole hat is in great shape.

View attachment 483819 View attachment 483820 View attachment 483821 View attachment 483822 View attachment 483823 View attachment 483824 View attachment 483825 View attachment 483826 View attachment 483827

That looks like a nice topper.

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
I don’t buy many top hats, but this one needed to be protected. No labels seen behind the sweatband. The sweatband looks to be a replacement as there isn’t any branding…just a prior owner’s initials. The crown is approximately 5 ¼” and the whole hat is in great shape.

View attachment 483819 View attachment 483820 View attachment 483821 View attachment 483822 View attachment 483823 View attachment 483824 View attachment 483825 View attachment 483826 View attachment 483827
Well worth buying and protecting, Brent.

Yamahana

One Too Many
I have been in remission for well over a year, maybe 2 years of VFAF (VintageFedoraAddictionFever). However with the approach of the cold of winter this year there was a chill in the air that settled upon me. The chill resulted in a fever, somewhat mild at first but within a very short time I was smitten again with a full blown fever. My wife is looking for a cure/vaccine because she knows it takes awhile to let nature takes its course and heal oneself.
I don’t know if I should be proud or embarrassed of the following picture.
Except for the 2 furthest back which were conversions done in early 2022, the rest have followed me home in the past 45 days.
03065058-4530-4042-8AAA-F7F238B7293E.jpeg

I will try to take the time to post them individually in their appropriate thread.
I am grateful and find it very valuable that when I google search a vintage fedora or most any vintage clothing it takes me to either the Fedora Lounge and/or @dinner man Vintage Haberdashers blog. Spencer Stewart has done an immense amount of research and documentation as well as many here. I will try to pay it forward by posting pics and info on some of my recent acquisitions.

Last edited:

That is a beauty!

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
I have been in remission for well over a year, maybe 2 years of VFAF (VintageFedoraAddictionFever). However with the approach of the cold of winter this year there was a chill in the air that settled upon me. The chill resulted in a fever, somewhat mild at first but within a very short time I was smitten again with a full blown fever. My wife is looking for a cure/vaccine because she knows it takes awhile to let nature takes its course and heal oneself.
Except for the 2 furthest back which were conversions done in early 2022, the rest have followed me home in the past 45 days.
View attachment 483953
I will try to take the time to post them individually in their appropriate thread.
I am grateful and find it very valuable that when I google search a vintage fedora or most any vintage clothing it takes me to either the Fedora Lounge and/or @dinner man Vintage Haberdashers blog. Spencer Stewart has done an immense amount of research and documentation as well as many here. I will try to pay it forward by posting pics and info on some of my recent acquisitions.
That's a very nice haul there. Show them and wear them with pride.

Looking forward to seeing more of them in detail in their appropriate threads.

Since you were in remission you know how triggering a photo like this is. I've been pretty good the last few weeks ... why would you do this?

Now I need a hat ...

I know how you feel, Bob. I haven't bought a "new" hat for a couple of months now.

You've got a lot to answer for @Yamahana :)

"Hi, my name is Jim and I'm a hataholic. My last purchase was one month ago."

Yamahana

One Too Many
Since you were in remission you know how triggering a photo like this is. I've been pretty good the last few weeks ... why would you do this?

Now I need a hat ...
Sorry I’m sympathetic to our plight but remember I had gone almost 2 years without pursuing hats.
I did spend some time in the vintage leather jacket threads(that’s where really craziness lives for addiction)
You snag some real gems there when you do Bob that I envy.

The Shoe

One Too Many

Now I need a hat ...

I know how you feel, Bob. I haven't bought a "new" hat for a couple of months now.

You've got a lot to answer for @Yamahana :)

"Hi, my name is Jim and I'm a hataholic. My last purchase was one month ago."
It’s been four months and two days for me, but things are flaring up again. More time is being spent every day looking at custom hat pages, local markets, and checking our resident enablers’ (you know who you are) activity.
We recently bought a hat stand. Etsuko thinks it will reduce clutter in our living room.
1A97EBAD-2AE3-47F0-9122-1527F87783D4.jpeg
All I see is more space for new hats:rolleyes:

Mighty44

One Too Many
View attachment 483953
Looks like some real beauties in there! In fact, they all look nice.

View attachment 483953
Quite a reasonable haul ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner