Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

billyspew

One Too Many
djgo-cat-go said:
After a wait of almost two months (! :eek: !).. my Stetson Playboy arrived!! I'm the happiest man alive!! What a hat, it was probably never worn, making it a NOS 7 1/2, can you believe that!? The felt is so soft and pliable, I creased and uncreased it about 20 times without leaving marks, amazing. The colour is a moccha-brown, so I expect the obvious Indy-remarks on the street.. but.... WHO CARES!! I have a vintage Playboy!! Did I allready mention that I'm the happiest man alive?..it was worth the wait. I almost gave up on it, considering it a loss.. I'm so happy!! :D :D :D :p

That looks fab! I've been waiting 7 weeks for a hat to turn up and had written it off... hope fully I'll be as lucky, though I'm not sure I could possibly look that good or be that happy :)
Well done.

Mario

I'll Lock Up
DANG! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

djgo-cat-go said:
IMG_2289.jpg

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
djgo-cat-go said:
After a wait of almost two months (! :eek: !).. my Stetson Playboy arrived!! I'm the happiest man alive!! What a hat, it was probably never worn, making it a NOS 7 1/2, can you believe that!? The felt is so soft and pliable, I creased and uncreased it about 20 times without leaving marks, amazing. The colour is a moccha-brown, so I expect the obvious Indy-remarks on the street.. but.... WHO CARES!! I have a vintage Playboy!! Did I allready mention that I'm the happiest man alive?..it was worth the wait. I almost gave up on it, considering it a loss.. I'm so happy!! :D :D :D :p

Congrats, dj. That's gorgeous. And I agree, WHO CARES!! They just don't know what we do. :rolleyes:

ValEag

One of the Regulars
djgo-cat-go said:

DJ - very nice indeed - love that color. And I know how hard those 7 1/2's are to find. Any chance of a side view pic?

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
THAT is the face of one HAPPY man...Congrats djgo, it looks GREAT on you.!!I like this Playboy even better than the stingys you often wear... What's next, a vintage 40s DB suit to go with that beautiful Playboy?:)

djgo-cat-go said:
Did I allready mention that I'm the happiest man alive?..it was worth the wait. I almost gave up on it, considering it a loss.. I'm so happy!! :D :D :D :p

IMG_2289.jpg
[/IMG]

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
You're very welcome, Sir. I had mine all laid out along my dresser top for a while, and then recently put most into vintage Samsonite suitcases to store and rotate then out by whether they are for the warm or cool seasons. Its sort of like putting the furs away into cold storage for the hot summer months I guess.

For your wife regarding hats, tell her I say never say never! Maybe she just hasn't found the right hat from the right era yet:) I always liked hats, but I fell in love with the 40s tilts and toppers! :)

My husband would have never even considered a fedora previously, let alone a vintage one- and now that he has a couple he loves 'em! As finances allow his collection will no doubt grow...:D Even our 13yo son has gotten hooked on vintage hats!

We don't have much for closet space either, but are somehow managing to cram a family of four's vintage wardrobe into our closets anyway...

Aureliano said:
Thank you Carey. Those are VERY kind words. Thank you so much. (I've never been called gorgeous before! :eek:) My wife is indeed very pretty, and supportive of my love of hats. Her only issue is space. Living in Manhattan, in a one bedroom apt. Leaves us with very tiny closet space. Mine is full of hat boxes! She doesn't wear hats, ever. She thinks she doesn't look good on them but I disagree.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Rolby-Must be a Resistol

3836891827_1741e137c7_b.jpg
3837683586_e88d309cf7.jpg
3837695978_5fdb338750.jpg

3836891057_204d98a789_b.jpg

3837682960_30412886bc.jpg
3836891315_5bfccf6985.jpg
3837683830_64c8a2a94e.jpg

"Self-Conforming"...ROL(nick)BY(er) and Crown over logo, but doesn't say Resistol anywhere. Light, thin and floppy felt like a Stratoliner but a little more satin finish. 2-3/4" brim and for once the hat is blue(more so than photos show) in reality not brown or gray! Needs a C & B desperately a little dirty and limp. Sold by The Wardrobe Store for Men of San Jose, CA.

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
chanteuseCarey said:

For your wife regarding hats, tell her I say never say never! Maybe she just hasn't found the right hat from the right era yet:) his collection will no doubt grow...:D Even our 13yo son has gotten hooked on vintage hats!

QUOTE]

I'm hopeful that someday she'll join me on this great lifestyle of wearing hats. Fingers crossed. Congrats on your teenager, that's how I want my kid to be when/if we decide to have children. :eusa_clap

rlk

I'll Lock Up
chanteuseCarey said:
THAT is the face of one HAPPY man...Congrats djgo, it looks GREAT on you.!!I like this Playboy even better than the stingys you often wear... What's next, a vintage 40s DB suit to go with that beautiful Playboy?:)
Add me to the chorus. Great looking hat that suits you beautifully. Congratulations!:) :) :eusa_clap

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
Aureliano said:
The next one with my lovely wife and my Guerra 1855 "Fellini":

DSC03919.jpg

Wow........you guys look great and I'm liking that hat. I wouldn't be concerned about posting hat pics......you defintely were made to wear fedoras. Good stuff:eusa_clap

djgo-cat-go

Practically Family
A wholelotta thanks to:

chanteuseCarey - glad you like it better than the stingys. This hat falls nicely between my favourite champ and my FedIV brimwise, prolly making the Playboy my favourite brim.. and I love to find me a vintage 30's-40's suit, but considering my size, that would be a mission impossible. Indy Magnoli to the rescue..

Mario - HotDang!! thanks!

Billyspew - I sincerely hope that your hat is going to drop on your doorstep real soon. It's a genuine torture to have to wait such a long time for that one in a million hat... you actually allready paid for.. :( Good luck, and perhaps we could meet in Amsterdam. I have a threeweek gig there next month.

HarpPlayerGene - I value your appreciation very highly! thank you.. You are one of the members who truly inspire me. Without you and all the other great members that frequent here, it could not have come this far for me..

BobC - So cool that we are all in this together!!

ValEag - A big mellon full of joy is what this hat is covering right now! I'll try and post a side-pic.

Aureliano - Thanks man, while I'm at it, you look terrific with that 'mafia-grin' on your face. It's good to have a wife who supports and understands.. sweet!

rlk - You are one of the other members I mentioned earlier.. Thank you

RBH

Bartender
Aureliano said:
Gene, chanteuseCarey, RBH, Bobc, Mr. Paladin and HighPockets, thank you all for the encouragement. I'm a bit of a private fellow when it comes to my pictures but what the heck(also, my wife always says that I put a "mafia" face when I'm being phographed... you think so?). You're all a great gang and I'm happy to share this two shots with you.
First one with my new Foldaway:
DSC04135.jpg

The next one with my lovely wife and my Guerra 1855 "Fellini":

DSC03919.jpg
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap
Now it will not be so hard to post the next time!!
You and your lovely wife look fantastic!!!
I am still loving that Foldaway!!!!

RBH

Bartender
djgo-cat-go said:

IMG_2289.jpg

That Playboy is sweet DJG !!!!!!

RBH

Bartender
rlk said:
3837683830_64c8a2a94e.jpg

"Self-Conforming"...ROL(nick)BY(er) and Crown over logo, but doesn't say Resistol anywhere. Light, thin and floppy felt like a Stratoliner but a little more satin finish. 2-3/4" brim and for once the hat is blue(more so than photos show) in reality not brown or gray! Needs a C & B desperately a little dirty and limp. Sold by The Wardrobe Store for Men of San Jose, CA.

I love a thin ribbon rkl, and that one looks great!!! :eusa_clap

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Borsalino Silverbelly...

I bought this Beaver Borsalino from Jay Kos Park Ave. NYC and it just arrived in the mail. It was love at first sight. The brim is only 2 1/4 that's a bit stingy for me, but who cares, I like it!
DSC04137.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tuatara