Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.
Mallory The Ten in 6 ⅞. From the first several years after Stetson bought them. The colors are a favorite. 2 ¾” raw edge brim.

IMG_4813.jpeg
IMG_4812.jpeg
IMG_4809.jpeg
IMG_4820.jpeg
IMG_4822.jpeg
IMG_4823.jpeg
IMG_4824.jpeg
IMG_4825.jpeg
IMG_4810.jpeg

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up

harrytemp

One of the Regulars
Very new here and to the world of hats.

This is the $60 Stetson I mentioned picking up that most asked to see.

Mink temple. Don’t know age or anything like that.

Still has the tag and the inspected by sticker.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 48
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 52
Last edited:

The Shooman

Practically Family
Tell us more about this hat. I think it looks great.

@deadlyhandsome and @Rmccamey

It is the sombraro cordobes by the Fernandez Roche company. The quality is very good, a really solid hat. I was very lucky to get it, the owners of the shop (American Tailors) were in Italy and only brought back 6 of these hats. These hats are so striking and special that all sold out almost instantly, and l got the last one. I will be wearing it on Saturday on a nice sunny day to a special event in the park; as you could imagine, it is going to make quite a statement, but l am sure l will thoroughly enjoy wearing it. Life is too short not to do these things.

@Rmccamey Here is the inside of the hat, nothing exciting.
Roche stray hat.jpg

I also bought two other hats, both wonderful Homburgs. The good thing is that they suit me so well. I also tried the bowler hat....it should have worked for my type of face, but this particular bowler just didn't look right (too boxy on the head). The boater hat continues to elude me as well.

Here are my Homburgs:
Akubra Homburg (a decent hat), but not as classy as the Bates. This will get its first outing on Sunday with bowtie and semi formal rig.
Homburg - Akubra navy.jpg
The Bates Homburg.
This really looks good on me. A real class act this hat. I will wear it with my fawn Burberry trench with traditional clothing underneath, and l will wear it with my tan overcoats. I might also do it with various sporscoats/trousers in country colours. I expect to wear it a lot.
Homburg - Bates brown.jpg

Trying to find the right type of fedoras too, but it is difficult to find the right type of fedora that makes me feel all warm and happy inside. Tried the Akubra stylemaster too, but it didn't quite suit my look.

I also bought this Montecristi a couple of months ago too. Bought it locally, but they are getting much more difficult to source now. Unable to find the photo, but l will post a link with my hat in it. My article is aimed at laymen.
https://www.ganjingworld.com/news/t...ster-craftsman/1g6mqrh5mum7at0VBkEMW9YLz15l1c

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
Nice hats. Can you show us the interior details...and also your bowler. Thanks.

Hat collecting is a marathon. I've been collecting for years and a Boater of my liking still eludes me.

Bowlers take some getting used to for many people, but they are a lot more versatile than they might appear...and they generate a lot of positive comments, too!

20210222_184859.jpg
@deadlyhandsome and @Rmccamey

It is the sombraro cordobes by the Fernandez Roche company. The quality is very good, a really solid hat. I was very lucky to get it, the owners of the shop (American Tailors) were in Italy and only brought back 6 of these hats. These hats are so striking and special that all sold out almost instantly, and l got the last one. I will be wearing it on Saturday on a nice sunny day to a special event in the park; as you could imagine, it is going to make quite a statement, but l am sure l will thoroughly enjoy wearing it. Life is too short not to do these things.

@Rmccamey Here is the inside of the hat, nothing exciting.
View attachment 554929

I also bought two other hats, both wonderful Homburgs. The good thing is that they suit me so well. I also tried the bowler hat....it should have worked for my type of face, but this particular bowler just didn't look right (too boxy on the head). The boater hat continues to elude me as well.

Here are my Homburgs:
Akubra Homburg (a decent hat), but not as classy as the Bates. This will get its first outing on Sunday with bowtie and semi formal rig.
View attachment 554930
The Bates Homburg.
This really looks good on me. A real class act this hat. I will wear it with my fawn Burberry trench with traditional clothing underneath, and l will wear it with my tan overcoats. I might also do it with various sporscoats/trousers in country colours. I expect to wear it a lot.
View attachment 554931

Trying to find the right type of fedoras too, but it is difficult to find the right type of fedora that makes me feel all warm and happy inside. Tried the Akubra stylemaster too, but it didn't quite suit my look.

I also bought this Montecristi a couple of months ago too. Bought it locally, but they are getting much more difficult to source now. Unable to find the photo, but l will post a link with my hat in it. My article is aimed at laymen.
https://www.ganjingworld.com/news/t...ster-craftsman/1g6mqrh5mum7at0VBkEMW9YLz15l1c

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidZL