Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Lefty said:

Awesome! Lefty is da' man.

Ain't no Homburger upon the table, and no porkpie up in the pan.
But you better not complain, boy, you get in trouble with the man.

CHORUS:
Let the Stetson Special shine a light on me,

Wolfen

One of the Regulars
Won this on ebay last week, showed up today. Its a tan/olive (I'm honestly not sure which is more accurate) Royal Stetson with brown ribbon and green edge. Its marked as a 6 7/8 but it fits like a 7. I love it.

S8001569.jpg

S8001572.jpg

S8001574.jpg

S8001576.jpg

S8001578.jpg

billysmom

One Too Many
Wolfen said:
Won this on ebay last week, showed up today. Its a tan/olive (I'm honestly not sure which is more accurate) Royal Stetson with brown ribbon and green edge. Its marked as a 6 7/8 but it fits like a 7. I love it.

S8001578.jpg

Wonderful! Looks great on you!

Sue

mwmiller87

New in Town
Yowch - thanks, Lefty.

Lefty said:

I see. In fact, three is quite a lot about the Stetson Special here. Guess I have a lot to learn about the forum. (Newbie).

Do you have an opinion on the style of this lid? Now that I have some comparison, I think it's not as sleek as some of the pictures of other Specials on the forum.

billyspew

One Too Many
mwmiller87 said:
I see. In fact, three is quite a lot about the Stetson Special here. Guess I have a lot to learn about the forum. (Newbie).

Do you have an opinion on the style of this lid? Now that I have some comparison, I think it's not as sleek as some of the pictures of other Specials on the forum.

Special was more of a grade of the felt than a model from what I understand.
Make no mistake they are "special" though, there's not a lot of them around and I think that's the first Homburg one I've seen. Good it is too.

mwmiller87

New in Town
Agreed (re Stetson Special). But compared with Charles' restoration...well...

billyspew said:
Special was more of a grade of the felt than a model from what I understand.
Make no mistake they are "special" though, there's not a lot of them around and I think that's the first Homburg one I've seen. Good it is too.

It does have the feel and look of great quality, which is why I got it. Cleaned up it should look well. But it doesn't compare with Charle's restored Stetson Special here
And I am finding the homburg brim hard to shape. Is there a way to keep it "clicked down?"

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
A Whippet and a Mallory

I've not been posting my hats recently, but here are two that arrived today. The first one is the Mallory that ScottF sold to me. The felt is a beautiful blue-green, very soft and pliable, a wonderful hat! Here's a photo of it on the noggin, and below that I'll repost the photo Scott used in the Classifieds as it shows the color much better than my photo:

MalloryBlueGreen.jpg

MalloryFront2.jpg

Unfortunately for me, my wife was home when the two hats arrived. When I opened the box this one was in, she took one look at it and informed me that she'll let me borrow her hat from time to time! :eek: :eek: :eek: Oh, well, I guess that's better then having her kill me for buying more hats before I've cleared room by selling some I already have. lol

The second hat is a very nice Stetson Whippet in Sage Green.

StetsonWhippetSageGreen73-8LO.jpg

Ebay photo:

StetsonWhippetSageGreen73-8.jpg

Some day I gotta take out all my Whippets and take a photograph of them all together.

Cheers,
Tom

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Tango Yankee said:
MalloryBlueGreen.jpg

StetsonWhippetSageGreen73-8.jpg

Some day I gotta take out all my Whippets and take a photograph of them all together.

Cheers,
Tom

Very nice TY. That Whippet is an especially appealing color. Nice to get two winners at once.

DapperDuck

Familiar Face
This is the first time I've posted a hat here. There's nothing new about this Stratoliner. Other than needing a thorough cleaning, it is great shape. I will take a look at that naphtha thread again.

Unfortunately it is a size 7 and too small for me. I'll have to have it stretched out for chance of fitting. But for under $40 I should not complain.

p1150145q.jpg

p1150146k.jpg

p1150152.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic