Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
theinterchange said:
My Takeoff came in the mail today! It's really in good condition, the only knock against it is the sweatband being a little dried out.

IMG_1193.jpg

Randy

Its a different look for you from the wide brimmed Akubras but I bet its a winner; I love those Champ hats!

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
billysmom said:
Gray-Borsa-Homburg.jpg

For those of you who noticed my sparse posting lately, I've been sucked into making teddy bears (of all things!) for a charity auction. It's kept my fingers busy and off the mouse and keyboard. My bank account's better off without eBay .....

Sue

Great homburg, maam! :eusa_clap I know what you mean about e-Bay but I still like to backslide sometimes...! Nice to see you back!

Pilot99

Familiar Face
RBH said:
My 'new' Fawcett Sportaire from StylinLa arrived this afternoon.
Its a super hat!!

007yss.jpg

Outstanding looking hat, can't put my finger on the color. Maybe it is because of the camera and the lighting, what is the classification?

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Stetsonian Extra Quality

If anyone else has a hat with this label, please PM me - I would like to see pics, etc., for comparison. Detailed info in pre-40 thread.

StetsonianSideUnB.jpg

StetsonianSweatLabels.jpg

[/IMG]

rlk

I'll Lock Up
French Fedoras Forties?(+ Borsalino and Scott)

4379818303_ceebb8046b_b.jpg

Fresh(not so fresh in sanitation) from the box. All but 3(back row) are wearable sizing. Various French labels as well as 1 Brown Borsalino w/ Bound Brim and Scott, London. More after some cleaning

theinterchange

One Too Many
Mr. Paladin said:
Its a different look for you from the wide brimmed Akubras but I bet its a winner; I love those Champ hats!

Thanks, Mr. Paladin! I like it, and need to get an on head shot.

Switching gears a little, I just opened a box put on my doorstep by a man in a brown uniform. A Stetson Open Road

IMG_1291.jpg

IMG_1292.jpg

IMG_1293.jpg

These are "straight from the box" photos, so it's sloppy looking as they didn't pack it well [huh]

This is a late 50's OR, or am I mistaken?

Randy

rlk

I'll Lock Up
jimmy the lid said:
Based on the liner and the size tag, I'd say that one's circa mid-60's.

Cheers,
JtL
They transitioned to the rectangular shaped tags by '64 at the latest and switched to adding the 7 to the size after '57 as outlying guestimates based on dated hats I have.

theinterchange

One Too Many
rlk said:
They transitioned to the rectangular shaped tags by '64 at the latest and switched to adding the 7 to the size after '57 as outlying guestimates based on dated hats I have.

It's hard to see, but this one doesn't have the rectangular shaped tag. I couldn't remember when they added the 7 to the size. I was thinking this hat was really late 50's for some reason. Either way, it's in good shape, the only issue is the cap on the liner is torn, and the sweat's been, well sweated in.

Randy

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Borsalino

4380238989_2a2f1e4e99_b.jpg
4380239389_b7f5d6ef3f_b.jpg

2-1/2" bound brim, unlined. Very light felt and 2-1/8" wide sweatband.
I have dated the newspaper folded up under the sweatband to June 22, 1943 based on the collection of news(British Prisoners freed in Benghazi, Coal Miners return to work in USA,etc.). Originally sold in Geneva.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ormbingley