Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
150719541 said:
2315347960106357411S600x600Q85.jpg

Borsalino Traveler, made in Comombia, South america, 100% hair rabit, beautiful and deep blue navy color, (can not be well apreciated in picture), I change leather and put ribbon, the sweat band is genuine leather.
The incredible is the cost, in Mexico City: 890 mexican pesos (75 u.s) with this high quality.:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

That Borsalino is a great color. Is the ribbon/bow a blue tone as well, or is it black?

One Too Many
Blue Navy

Mr. Paladin said:
That Borsalino is a great color. Is the ribbon/bow a blue tone as well, or is it black?
Hat and ribbon are blue navy, in the picture, the color can not be well apreciate (was a night picture) I will try one in day well done, to see the color is beautiful.

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
DRB said:
I searched far and wide to find this hat. I finally gave up on finding a hat like this in the US and found a vendor in Italy. I found it here:
http://www.cappelleriamelegari.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=81&products_id=221

The hat is water repellant, no liner, and has a cloth sweatband. The best part though is the fact that the brim is 2 1/2 inch. I could not find a wide brim hat like this. So I had it flown in from Italy. It is a medium grey. Very lightweight. They have light greys coming in October.

April2010Borsalino283dollarsdeli-3.jpg

That's a very nice Borsalino, DRB. That was a real good find!

frenchgentleman said:
Below are the first photos of me wearing my new hat!

4571665276_30af48814c.jpg

That one looks good on you Frenchgentleman; what kind of hat is that?

carldelo

One Too Many
DRB said:
I searched far and wide to find this hat. I finally gave up on finding a hat like this in the US and found a vendor in Italy.

Is this different from the Alessandria available from Bencraft? I ask, because they have a number of wide-brim Borsalino models - e.g. the Alessandria is available in six colors. But maybe yours is finished differently....

frenchgentleman

New in Town
This hat is a bespoke made for me by French hatter Fernand Sebbah (alias DBM).

It's made of light grey very high quality fur felt, with a 1.57 inches (4cm) grosgrain ribbon, leather sweatband, and a "soie sauvage" lining (is "wild silk" the correct translation?) The brim is dimensional: front = 2.36 inches, sides = 1.97 inches

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
frenchgentleman said:
This hat is a bespoke made for me by French hatter Fernand Sebbah. It's made of light grey very high quality fur felt, with a 1.57 inches (4cm) grosgrain ribbon, leather sweatband, and a "soie sauvage" lining (is "wild silk" the correct translation?)

Wild silk is gathered from cocoons that silkworms produced in a natural uncontrolled environment. Congratulations! on your new bespoke hat! ;)

frenchgentleman said:

It's made of light grey very high quality fur felt, with a 1.57 inches (4cm) grosgrain ribbon, leather sweatband, and a "soie sauvage" lining (is "wild silk" the correct translation?) The brim is dimensional: front = 2.36 inches, sides = 1.97 inches

Looks super! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap Does he stitch in the liner (looks fantastic) or glue?

One Too Many
Hi Sir¡¡¡¡¡

DRB said:
That hat is a very rare find my friend. I have never seen a Borsalino Traveler just like it before. I like it very much. You have a very nice collection of hats.

Did the store you purchased this hat at have different colors? I enjoy seeing different colors and varieties of Borsalinos. Borsalino makes a large variety of styles and colors. Unfortunately, not all of them are offered for sale here in the US. If they are, I don't see them. I own many Borsalinos and all of them fit so very nice.

Congratulations on your excellent purchase!
2285886990106357411S600x600Q85.jpg

It is brother´s blue navy borsalino, yes in the store where I bought hats, there are more models, is in Mexico City, but never more than 3 or 4.

SkullCowboy

New in Town
Howdy all!

Just picked up a new fedora, was doing some research and this place popped up. Anyhow, lousy pic but beautiful Stetson Pinnacle. My old wool fedora just wasn't making it anymore.

cimg3312l.jpg

CRH

Call Me a Cab
frenchgentleman said:

Bravo, Monsieur! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

DRB

One Too Many
carldelo, yes I see that Bencraft has a better selection of Borsalinos than many shops. I do not believe the hats they offer in six colors is the same. Theirs comes open crown, mine did not. Mine has a cloth headband, very lightweight, no liner, and stamped Water Repellant. I believe those that Bencraft is offering does not have those attributes. Correct me if I am wrong.

DRB

One Too Many
CRH, agreed. Once Art Fawcett offers this color, I just might go for it. I can just see me in it now. Nice!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points