Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Today's local antique mall find. It looked stained and gross when I brought it home, but a little steam and brushing worked wonders. The trolley had to go, as the elastic had been stretched way past its limit long ago. One little stitch to secure the bow and this one will be almost as good as new.

pre-shape
DSC_0046-1.jpg

a diamond for now
DSC_0049.jpg

the guts
DSC_0045.jpg

DSC_0044-2.jpg

DSC_0043.jpg

billyspew

One Too Many
Lefty said:
Today's local antique mall find. It looked stained and gross when I brought it home, but a little steam and brushing worked wonders. The trolley had to go, as the elastic had been stretched way past its limit long ago. One little stitch to secure the bow and this one will be almost as good as new.

pre-shape

Great pick-up and clean-up!

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Joshbru3 said:
I just got this hat today from ebay. When I first received it, it was very dirty and had a pretty bad crown bash. Tonight I did a crown rebash, steaming, and brushing. Based on the very tight "I" stitching and the reeded edge on the sweatband, I would say this hat is from the late 30's. It has a 2 3/4 inch brim and has extremely soft Navy blue fur felt. The camera flash makes it look very light, but its actually a very very deep navy blue. The felt is perfect and cleaned up very nice. It has one of the coolest ribbons ive ever seen. The bow is quite interesting too, Ive never seen another quite like this. The liner is dirty and stained, but the sweatband is in pretty good shape.

Very nice-looking hat, and good job cleaning it up.

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Lefty said:

Nice pick-up - isn't that style Borso comfortable? I'm envious of you guys who actually find hats in places other than ebay!

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
Here's my new to me Akubra Fed III. The liner and sweat had been replaced. Its in very good condition and is very comfy. I think its the Heritage felt because it feels different than my Imperial Fed IV.

0519000716_mirror.jpg

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Thanks very much DRB, 150719541, Adcurium, and ScottF!!! Its a really neat hat to own. The seller posted it as a "vintage wool hat" but as soon as I saw the inside brim and liner, I knew she was totally wrong. I knew it was prewar but most definately felt. Its almost as soft as my borsalino, but the felt on this hat is much firmer which is awesome for shaping. It probably wouldn't have been so easy to do that long C/dimond crown hybrid with my borso. Thanks guys.

Kaonashi

Familiar Face
2785812030106357411S600x600Q85.jpg

One black Majestic Hat in the mornig going to school.:eusa_clap :eusa_clap[/QUOTE]

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap
Where did you get that one ?!! hopefully here in Mexico? *.*

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
This is my shameless copy of Salty's B.B. (now that I finally learned my fractions!--:eek: ) Same colors, same brim size; only the finish (mine is Grand Beaver as opposed to Velour) is different. Bought it on sale, of course. Salty, you were wondering about the finish; whether or not you'd like it. After brushing it, it's surprisingly tame.

Cheers,

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Mr. Paladin said:
Well done on the restoration, sir. I really like that ribbon!

Thanks Mr. Paladin!!! I really like the ribbon too. The pattern is like little "I's" going around the hat. The brim is a bit bigger than im used too, so I doubt it will get a whole lot of wear time. Since its from the 30's and the felt is pretty much perfect, I really dont want to get it dirty or stained. Thats what my Dobbs 5th Ave is for. LOL.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
rlk said:
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4015/4629427067_e16335afb6_o.jpg[/IMG
Old body, old French Millinery Ribbon, newly made-up. More later in the Canal...[/QUOTE]

Wow. :eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic