Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mobile Vulgus

One Too Many
I got this hat yesterday. I won it on ebay about a week ago...

After:
DSC04255.jpg

I was watching that one, too. I was vacillating on whether I was going to bid on it. I ended up not doing so. That super wide brim binding is what turned me off in the long run. It just didn't appeal to me somehow. I love how you cleaned it up, tho. Looks much better now than it did!

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
That's a beauty. Congrats. :eusa_clap

That looks great! I like the teardrop telescope crease it came with because it's different, but the proportions didn't look right. It looks way better now. Nice job!

Very nice work on that crown, Josh. The center dent is perfect for it and the ribbon is very distinctive. Well done!

Very nicely done!!!!

I was watching that one, too. I was vacillating on whether I was going to bid on it. I ended up not doing so. That super wide brim binding is what turned me off in the long run. It just didn't appeal to me somehow. I love how you cleaned it up, tho. Looks much better now than it did!

Thank you very much everybody!!! The wide brim binding is a bit flashy for me in that color, but after redoing the crown I think I can find somewhere to wear it. I was really pleased to look on the paper label to find a new model name for the ADAM ALLEY thread. I do not believe that the "Belmont" model has been seen on the FL yet.

davidraphael

Practically Family
This is my latest acquisition. Apparently it's hardly worn, if at all - there's not a mark on it. It's a late 1950's/early 60's fur. Must have cost a fortune at the time. Brand new, hats like this go for a couple of hundred at least in central Europe.
It's Austrian, but is typical of hats found all over the German/Austrian-Tyrolean/Swiss Alpine region. It's a hybrid style - it's traditional Austrian/German style ( the cords instead of a ribbon, for example), without being completely Austrian, and instead leans towards a trilby-ish style. (I might actually have a ribbon fitted instead of the cords).

img2119sm.jpg
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]
img2121sm.jpg
img2118sm.jpg
img2117sm.jpg
img2120sm.jpg

EDIT: I have now also placed this post in the German-Austrian thread:
http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?32103-German-amp-Austrian-Hutmachers/page80

In answer to Mayserwegener, yes, the liner is stitched in...

Last edited:
This is my latest acquisition. Apparently it's hardly worn, if at all - there's not a mark on it. It's a late 1950's/early 60's fur. Must have cost a fortune at the time. Brand new, hats like this go for a couple of hundred at least in central Europe.
It's Austrian, but is typical of hats found all over the German/Austrian-Tyrolean/Swiss Alpine region. It's a hybrid style - it's traditional Austrian/German style ( the cords instead of a ribbon, for example), without being completely Austrian, and instead leans towards a trilby-ish style. (I might actually have a ribbon fitted instead of the cords).

Nice Alpine Velour! It looks to be from the 1960s maybe later. I am not aware of the mark. Could be a OEM model. Is the liner stitiched in? Can you post it on the German - Austrian thread?

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Here are some detail shots of my newly acquired Open Road made for Shepler's Western Wear by Stetson. It is a very nice specimen with thick, plush felt in a cocoa brown color I have not seen before; probably proprietary to the Shepler's contract.

BiltmoreShepler-Stetson014.jpg

BiltmoreShepler-Stetson008.jpg

BiltmoreShepler-Stetson016.jpg

BiltmoreShepler-Stetson018.jpg

BiltmoreShepler-Stetson019.jpg

BiltmoreShepler-Stetson020.jpg

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Here are some detail shots of my newly acquired Open Road made for Shepler's Western Wear by Stetson. It is a very nice specimen with thick, plush felt in a cocoa brown color I have not seen before; probably proprietary to the Shepler's contract.

BiltmoreShepler-Stetson014.jpg

That does look like thick felt. It must be great for the cooler weather. I love the color combo of the felt and the ribbon. The two colors compliment one enother very well. Great hat Mr. Paladin!:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Michael Carter

One of the Regulars
I'm happy to be able to finally post in this thread. My new Jaxon arrived today after no short journey from San Diego.

It was a little large, but not large enough to send back for an exchange. Especially for the time it took to get the first one. A damp paper shop towel folded up took up the slack in the sweatband and it fits fine now.

I'm pretty happy for it being a starter hat and all. I can't wait to see what a Stetson looks like compared to this.

Jaxon0003.jpg

Jaxon0002.jpg

Jaxon0001.jpg

Chinaski

One Too Many
Thank you sir. Next time I'll order a 7-1/8 from Jaxson and forego the paper towel routine.

Michael, you may have already read this elsewhere on the Lounge, but does the hat fit okay front to back? I'm somewhat long oval, and this usually is evidenced by the fact that the hat fits fine against the forehead and back of the head, but there's gaps between the hat and the sides of my head. Many hats will "snug up" with wear. I'd wear it a while and see if your Jaxon does this. Also, you wear it really well! Good proportions, and nice color!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany