Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Canadian Cowboy

One of the Regulars
5375885327_33c1f12e5b_b.jpg
5376481536_c5a1da8431_b.jpg

Very Nice Hat RLK can you post a pic of the sweat.
:cool: :cool: :eusa_clap :eusa_clap
CC

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Although the felt is basic quality(rabbit?) and not so uniform in fiber or well finished, they have managed to make a thick relatively stiff hat that is still soft and flexible without losing its form. I don't know why they can't do this on today's Westerns which are like cardboard even though the felt and finishing can be really fine.

Canadian Cowboy

One of the Regulars
Although the felt is basic quality(rabbit?) and not so uniform in fiber or well finished, they have managed to make a thick relatively stiff hat that is still soft and flexible without losing its form. I don't know why they can't do this on today's Westerns which are like cardboard even though the felt and finishing can be really fine.

Cost Maybe

Bourne ID

One of the Regulars
Finally!! The Stetson I won has arrived, it actually came on thursday so I wore it to work on friday. I'll admit that I wore it all day in the office, just couldn't bring myself to take it off. It fit so nice and I love the shape.
img2476w.jpg

img2474j.jpg

scooter

Practically Family
Well, here's my newest acquisition, a 50's era Open Road courtesy of a mutually beneficial trade between Alanfgag and myself. A good trade all the way round, me thinks! And this is my first attempt ever at bashing my own hat, does it look OK?

IMG_0797.JPG

Jedwbpm

One Too Many
Just about 3 mo's till I put the felts up so I took advantage of Panama Bob's Cuenca sale. This Cabalero Crease Cuenca is wending it's way from Indiana as I write. At $9.99 ea. can't afford NOT to get another for the season :)

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh215/michaelintexas/Hats/Caballero1.jpg[/IM

Onward thru the Fog :)[/QUOTE]

Where on his sight does he have a 9.99 sale?

Well, here's my newest acquisition, a 50's era Open Road courtesy of a mutually beneficial trade between Alanfgag and myself. A good trade all the way round, me thinks! And this is my first attempt ever at bashing my own hat, does it look OK?

More than OK - it's the bomb. :eusa_clap

This auction purchase plumped up nicely with a little steam and brushing. From other's research, it appears an American made hat with a French flavor... firm dense felt of modest quality, back bow, a nice warm walnut brown. Also in the picture is a 2 piece hat form I purchased recently.

alonge5.jpg

alonge2.jpg

alonge1.jpg

alonge4.jpg

alonge3.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn