Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

fmw

One Too Many
Getting ready for spring, just got this Dobbs Winner today. Pretty good deal, $57 from Hartford York. I bought a 7 3/4, and the sticker on the inside of the sweatband said 7 3/4, but the tag, as you can see, says 63 - 7 7/8. Not sure what's up with that, but it fits perfectly. Very nice leather sweatband. I'm not crazy about the puggaree, so I'm thinking I'll replace it with a solid black or maybe a striped pug, but I'll give it a chance to grow on me.

I disagree. I like the hat band a lot. it is interesting but certainly not overdone. Great hat. An even greater hat is that pork pie you have in your avatar. It is truly perfect for you.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Portacappello Barbisio

5491815723_ef72ee6cd0_z.jpg
5492412928_c7aeeceb01_z.jpg

Portachiavi Cervo Bantam
5491821779_61bab21d0f.jpg
5492419174_c72196e872.jpg

Jedwbpm

One Too Many
RLK I am lost. Is that at hat box and if so how does it work. Is the Cervo a Key Chain?

Over the past week I have acquired 3 more hats.
threehatsfront.jpg

threehatsside.jpg

Hat on the Right is a Stetson 4X mid Eighty's James Dean.
I took out the center dent and gave it a V and C Crease. I don't like the band so I may have it changed. It was listed as 7 1/2 but is Tagged 77/8.
but I did the light bulb thing and seems to have worked. I paid $20.00 for it as a BIN and paid no shipping since it was only one town over from me. this is my new work out in the yard beater.

Middle is a nice Skimmer. Sweat Band is a little loose. The brim is bowing up a little . Can I wet the brim down and press it flat like I so with my felts?
This was an Ebay once again with no shipping since it too was close by and I picked it up.

And last but not least is a Carbon Gray Akurba Federation IV. I bought this one from the Lounge classified's form Dundee. I dropped the back 3/4 of an inch and raised the center of the teardrop. I have to stop buying hats. Well maybe not.

Jeff

Last edited:

fmw

One Too Many
You have been busy. I'm swearing off for a while. Two more are on the way, a Stetson paper straw and a Buckaroo custom. That will be the end for a while. I'm running out of closet space.

DRB

One Too Many
RLK I am lost. Is that at hat box and if so how does it work. Is the Cervo a Key Chain?

Over the past week I have acquired 3 more hats.

threehatsside.jpg

Hat on the Right is a Stetson 4X mid Eighty's James Dean.
I took out the center dent and gave it a V and C Crease. I don't like the band so I may have it changed. It was listed as 7 1/2 but is Tagged 77/8.
but I did the light bulb thing and seems to have worked. I paid $20.00 for it as a BIN and paid no shipping since it was only one town over from me. this is my new work out in the yard beater.

Middle is a nice Skimmer. Sweat Band is a little loose. The brim is bowing up a little . Can I wet the brim down and press it flat like I so with my felts?
This was an Ebay once again with no shipping since it too was close by and I picked it up.

And last but not least is a Carbon Gray Akurba Federation IV. I bought this one from the Lounge classified's form Dundee. I dropped the back 3/4 of an inch and raised the center of the teardrop. I have to stop buying hats. Well maybe not.

Jeff
I REALLY like that one on the right, Stetson, it looks half cowboy and half fedora.

fmw: what a great deal you got. The best part is - it has great color. I have always admired the cattleman hat for it's style.

Ande1964

Practically Family
Finally finished up my latest project hat. I won this 3X Open Road a few months back, along with another OR that needed a little work.

I will end up flipping the other hat, but I wanted to restore this one for myself. Removed the liner, cleaned the hat in Coleman fuel, dunked it, stretched it, long-ovalized it, re-flanged the brim to my liking, shaped the crease, washed the liner and put it back in.

Very happy with it. I'm a large 7 1/2 long oval. This is the first 7 3/8 hat I have successfully stretched to my size. I used my homemade full hat stretcher, and it worked very well. You have to keep stretching until the hat is very dry to achieve this much long-lasting effect.

Anj

3xor01.jpg

3xor02.jpg

3xor03.jpg

3xor04.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy