Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Good

Call Me a Cab
Alex, that Open Road looks nice!

Cw3pa, that's a nice Whippet! The color's great, I like tan hats, but don't really own one like that yet. The jacket's cool too.

Last edited:

B.J. Hedberg

Practically Family
So many great hats here lately. :eusa_clap

I have to say DRB that you look pretty swell in a western style hat. :cool:

Lots of eye candy here. Thanks for sharing. Here is one that arrived today. My first wool and first Stetson. I really like the lines on this hat and bought it ($44 at LLBean) as a model to make a fur one.
StetsonSturgisMarch222011wool.jpg

And Tommi, congratulations on a fantastic hat. I like that reverse taper in the front of the crown. :eusa_clap I hope you don’t mind but I saved a shot of your photo for future reference.

Last week, after the wait of a little bit over one month, I got my bespoke fedora. It was made by Finnish hatter called Lea Jokinen.
I just can't describe how pleased I am.

Here it is:
pict3023.jpg

The Good

Call Me a Cab
Hi to all. I'm Francesco and I write from Italy.

I bought this used hat and I would like to know, if it's possible, model name, the year and, maybe, a pic. of the original box.
MyHat1-vi.jpg

MyHat2-vi.jpg

MyHat3-vi.jpg

MyHat4-vi.jpg

Now me and my hat.
P1000874-vi.jpg

P.S.
My wife took this picture a few hours before born of Pietro, our first son.

Francesco, that is a really nice hat! Western hats are a great style, and congratulations to you and your wife on your newborn son Pietro!

fmw

One Too Many
Lots of eye candy here. Thanks for sharing. Here is one that arrived today. My first wool and first Stetson. I really like the lines on this hat and bought it ($44 at LLBean) as a model to make a fur one.

I hope it met your expectations. For me the Sturgis is an almost perfect hat design. It's a mix of Western and Outback with very nice proportions. Great design for casual wear. As you know, I had Major Moore make me the hat in my avatar based on the Sturgis. His interpretation eliminated most of the taper, raised the crown a little and reduced the brim curl. The result is something that I view as comparable in terms of design quality. I look forward to seeing your fur version of it. Who do you plan to have do your custom?

fmw

One Too Many
Hi to all. I'm Francesco and I write from Italy.

I bought this used hat and I would like to know, if it's possible, model name, the year and, maybe, a pic. of the original box.

P.S.
My wife took this picture a few hours before born of Pietro, our first son.

Benevenuto, Francesco. Nice to have an Italian on board. I lived in Italy for a year and love the Italian life style and people. I'm sorry I can't help you indentify the hat.

Nagy Hut Wien XVI Homburg

About 58.5 cm. Very interesting sweatband that is 2 1/4 inches in width. Very nice short hair finish with contrasting binding and frayed bow. Nagy Hut is a famous hat store in Vienna which is still in business today. I am not sure who made this one for them but I think it's a real nice example of the style.

5553911276_c8c32d06fd_b.jpg

5553918094_83c717d2f7_b.jpg

5553927282_7d4e4ba55b_b.jpg

5553932920_ec97b76614_b.jpg

Last edited:

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Mayserwegener, interesting sweat indeed! That interwoven ribbon, does it have any purpose other than decoration? Maybe it makes for a firmer grip? Anyway, with the corrugations, it looks mighty comfortable. It's one handsome homburg.

Mayserwegener, interesting sweat indeed! That interwoven ribbon, does it have any purpose other than decoration? Maybe it makes for a firmer grip? Anyway, with the corrugations, it looks mighty comfortable. It's one handsome homburg.

Randooch, Thanks! The sweat ribbon is actually functional in this case. I have a few other hats (1930s or older) with the same feature.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidZL