Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Feraud

Bartender
This hat is really neat. I just got it from Buler this past weekend. Thanks Bill!!!!
The felt is extremely soft and its color is brown with white hairs mixed in. Almost like a heather felt, but just two colors, brown and white. It has that Straight sided/flat top crown that I absolutely love. Here's some pics:
DSC05384.jpg

One of the nicest I've seen in a while! Congrats on it.
What is the brim length?

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up

Beauty Josh! I hope you have a sunroof.

What a great old fedora, Josh! Similar in many ways to my old Dobbs. I love the lines, frayed ribbon, and felt. Looks like a nice tall crown as well. :eusa_clap:clap2:

Josh- interesting frosted brownie you got there! i've never seen anything like it-- congrats!

One of the nicest I've seen in a while! Congrats on it.
What is the brim length?

Thanks very much everybody!! I really appreciate it!! Ive had my eye on this hat for a long time now, and I finally had a chance to pick it up from Bill. I love the proportions. Feraud, the brim is about a 2 1/4 inches which really accentuates that tall crown. The crown is 5 5/8- 5 3/4, but has that really flat top with tall sides. Its perfect for that gangster look. Alan, I need a sunroof now....LOL. ;) My Z28 Camaro is a hard top, so maybe I can tilt my head out the window....but the hat doesn't have a wind trolley. I know, I will just sit very low in the seat. HAHA. But seriously, its a tall crown, and when I started wearing hats, I never though that I would like tall crowns. Most 40's and 50's tall crowns look huge on me (probably because of the brim size), but for some reason, the proportions of a 20's or early 30's hat, always seem to look right on me. At least I think it looks right on me. Again, THANKS everyone!

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Dang Alan... sweet TARs !!!!!!

:arated::eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap
Beautiful Thin ribbons, Alan!! You also had a great comparison of the two. Thats quite an exciting day when you get two incredible hats. Nice finds!!

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Chalk up another great one for Josh!

Thanks, hatophile. I'm going to have to limit myself to no more than 2 hats a month. I love collecting them, but my house is starting to look like a Haberdashery store. I'm curious how long I can actually keep my two hat a month limit going. [huh]

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Forget it. for me it goes in waves. This week there happened to be a gold mine around my area, and today I grabbed this Royal Stetson stingy overwelt in charcoal grey for ten beautiful dollars. How can a guy walk away without it for that price? If only my wife would find deals as good...
the hat is great, and in really good condition, save for a small blemish where a little dye from the lining stamp ran onto the plastic protective cover. I hate the first picture, but it displays a pretty accurate felt color. (1st photo now edited)
Also-- I don't think I've seen a feather quite like this one. I may very well leave it in. It reminds me of a rose petal.

royalstetsonstingy006co.jpg
[/IMG]
royalstetsonstingy001.jpg
[/IMG]
020fa.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Jeff: You are on a roll, great lid at an unbeatable price. I would keep the feather as well...I rather like it as it is the perfect, understated accent to the charcoal grey felt. Congrats!

Alejandro: I think it is quite obvious to all of us that you are slipping into relapse. Could not resist even a mini-lid, could you?? lol

Dobbs Gay Prince - 2 7/8" brim

A very reasonable BIN purchase tipped off from a kind FL friend (thank you!)... has some mothing that is subdued some by the sueded felt finish. More photos on the Dobbs Diner.

gayprincewide6.jpg

gayprincewide1.jpg

gayprincewide2.jpg

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GilbertHit