Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DRB

One Too Many
Bob: very nice silverbelly

Justin: congrats on the cavanagh edge. They are becoming very rare.

Motumber: I have just recently started making my own fedoras and westerns. Nice hobby. That pic is one of mine.

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
Having a large noggin (size 8), I cannot wear many of the more interesting hats I see on eBay, but here are two that I purchased from a seller in San Francisco. They're very similar, both from Miller Hats:

A "medium brown" fedora...
6202102554_5dc88e2bc9_b.jpg

6202102634_dfc2f1afb7_b.jpg

6201589607_a57d1a7474_b.jpg

A nice silver belly color...

6201498187_9f7849927a_b.jpg

6202010140_4d930b84ca_b.jpg

6202010074_c7725979ea_b.jpg

Now, if Los Angeles would get some cooler weather!
Nice looking hats. Very classic Fedora's there. Are they Biltmore's and are they fur felt? Nice looking regardless :)

Bob Beecher

One of the Regulars
No markings that I can see to indicate they're Biltmore's. And yes, they are fur felt. The silverbelly has "5X Genuine Fun Felt" stamped on the sweatband. The brown says, "100% Fur Felt" on its sweatband.

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Great Hats Gentleman and a good find, the silverbelly great..
Here, I found today, my new Borsalino Qualita EXTRA Superiore Grand Prix Paris 1900, stamped 1962 in mint condition. color anthracite
It was a flea market find for 15 EUR

borsalinoextra.jpg

borsalinoextra1.jpg

borsalinoextra2.jpg

borsalinoextra3.jpg

borsalinoextra4.jpg

and a Mayser Ausseer Trachten Hat black- green ribbon in mint condition for 3 EUR

mayseraussee.jpg

mayseraussee1.jpg

mayseraussee2.jpg

mayseraussee3.jpg

jwalls

Vendor
018.JPG

This hat is a stetson '35' that I found at a resale shop and cleaned and reblocked. It's a loose 7-1/4. does not fit me, but I could not let it languish in such a shabby setting.

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
This hat is a stetson '35' that I found at a resale shop and cleaned and reblocked. It's a loose 7-1/4. does not fit me, but I could not let it languish in such a shabby setting.
Are you going to offer that item of joy and beauty up for sale on the classifieds?

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
Hat Corporation of America had Thirty-Fives (yes, based on the price) in the late-'50s/early-'60s, available in Dobbs, Knox, Cavanagh, etc. It's not surprising that Stetson offered the same price point.

Brad

Wow... almost back to page three for this thread!

I passed along my only Cavanagh a while back... loved the construction, but a very narrow brim dressy black hat... I almost never wore it. I've been looking for an older example without much success, but did recently find this mid century chocolate brown with a 2 1/4" brim. This one will see more time out in the fresh air.

browncav1.jpg

browncav2.jpg

browncav3.jpg

Another cap. This one from a London vintage shop. Looks to be deadstock and really quite old. Maybe 1920s going by the style of size label on the sweatband? Lovely cavalry twill material. Says 6 3/4 but fits more like a 6 7/8 so I can jam it onto my size 7 head. A bit tight, but it looks good, so no problem.

BrownTwillCap1.jpg

BrownTwillCap2.jpg

BrownTwillCap3.jpg

Size label and United Hatters, Cap and Millinery Workers union label.

BrownTwillCap4.jpg

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
Nice cap bk. The union name places it 1934 or later. Prior to that, the union was United Hatters of North America.

Brad

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
http://www.trademarkia.com/the-united-hatters-of-north-america-71088525.html

Here's an interesting link for anyone that hasn't seen this before. It seems that the "United Hatters of North America" trademark was registered in 10/10/1916. I was always curious when that trademark started. We know that The United Hatters Cap and Millinery Workers International Union (UHCMW) was formed in 1934 by the amalgamation of United Hatters of North America (UHNA) and the Cloth Hat, Cap and Millinery Workers International Union (CHCMW).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass