Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.
Believe me, this is not normal! I've had to put up with over a year of buying absolutely nothing from vintage fairs. Just every so often sellers go through fits of actually bringing along menswear. It's so frustrating, as it's very obvious that the menswear of this era is out there in greater abundance than we think …

bk

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Just every so often sellers go through fits of actually bringing along menswear.

This very thing happens at fairs in the United States. Fair vendors have booths with limited space; vintage clothing is heavy (especially menswear!), space-consuming, and difficult to transport. Sellers must prioritize what they'll bring to the fairs, and womenswear wins out 90% of the time. After all, most of the buyers are women.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Mallory XV Pliafelt <1946

P1020840.JPG
P1020833.JPG

P1020837.JPG

buler

I'll Lock Up
Awesome hat, Robert! Welcome back. I'm sure I don't have to ask for the full pictorial in the Mallory thread (please).

B

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Another absolutely gorgeous hat! Awesome Mallory, Robert!! Welcome back.

Another hat I am wishing I owned....I have no new hats until ones I have purchased arrive, I may just grab some newspaper and make a hat out of it to feel chipper today!

Justin B

One Too Many
Got the Dobbs 20 I fished out of the bay last week. Have to say it's an interesting color. It's a sort of pastel blue-ish gray. Really beautiful. I don't think this thing has ever been out of the box, much less worn.

6235841996_18dfd7fc83_z.jpg

6235320635_087667d1d5_z.jpg

6235320211_567a2cee69_z.jpg

6235319705_10d4fc0f57_z.jpg

delectans

Call Me a Cab
A great day for new hats!

Robert: Love that old Mallory. Classy liner tip graphics. Derby is most fascinating. Strangely attractive tall crown.

Justin: Beautiful Dobbs Twenty. One of my very favorite hats, those Twenties, with perfectly judged felt thickness and density that is the very definition of clay-like malleability.

mattface

Practically Family
I snagged this 3-fer off the bay, the pictures on the auction weren't very good, so I was pleasantly surprised by what came in the mail today. The Champ in particular turned out to be a lot nicer than I was expecting. The Open Road is cleaning up rather nice, and I like it bashed into a teardrop better than the original rancher dent. I'm not really sure it's my style, but I'm having fun with it. THe black stetson is really not my style, but it might look good on my son, if not I'll flip it on the bay. The Cavanagh boxes are a nice bonus too.

ebay 3-fer by mattface, on Flickr

mattface

Practically Family
Nice ones Matt! I remember seeing them and for some reason decided not to go for it. What were the sizes?

The Champ is marked 7, black Stetson is marked 7 1/8, OR is marked 7 1/8 long oval. They all fit me a little looser than a normal 7 1/8. Their former owner must have had a very round noggin, because they all fit tight in front and loose on the sides.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic