Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Redwoodjedi

One of the Regulars
I love both of those, HP! I'm a sucker for a very tall crown. Five inches plus. NO TAPER! Those two would look just as good in a dinner jacket goin' to town as they would campin' with the fellas on a fishing trip. Those colors and shapes are very versatile.

~Erik

Jedwbpm

One Too Many
The Borsalino Homburg that I won on ebay came today. I was right it was a 7 5/8 and not a 7 at was listed well it is a 7 but a European 7. It was a little soft so I fired up the Jiffy Steamer and brushed it and recreased it.
Borsoleftside.jpg

Borsoonfront.jpg
I work at a Funeral Home so plenty of chances to wear this to work.

Jeff

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Erik-- that looks perfect now-- nice job!

Perry-- WOW 2 beauties, especially (surprise, I know, coming from me) that mossy green Stetson!

Jeff-- well done! I've seen a few of those Borso Homburgs popping up lately, but until I find a really light colored one like Al's or mercuryfelt's Knox, I think I'm saturated in that department. nice thin ribbon edging!

The Borsalino Homburg that I won on ebay came today. I was right it was a 7 5/8 and not a 7 at was listed well it is a 7 but a European 7. It was a little soft so I fired up the Jiffy Steamer and brushed it and recreased it.
Borsoleftside.jpg

Borsoonfront.jpg

Jeff

That was a Good find there and some good deducing.:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

brothelcreeper

Familiar Face
Borsoleftside.jpg

Borsoonfront.jpg

Jeff

Such a great hat, I've been seriously considering getting a black homburg and this has put me that little bit closer.

My DSLR finally arrived today (my Christmas present to myself) so I thought I might as well take a family photo:
IMG_0050.JPG

L-R: carbon grey Akubra Bogart, willow green Akubra Squatter (just spent half an hour steaming this to clean up the bash), Hills boater, brown Stetson newsboy, and tawny (I think?) Akubra 'The Godfather' homburg.

Living in Sydney, Akubras are just too accessible.

EDIT: to include a photo of the newest:

IMG_0017.JPG

Bought on Sunday, The Squatter

Last edited:

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Perry, congrats for find. Two nice Hats, thats great.

Jeff, again, it's a very nice Borsalino, it fits you very well.

brothelcreeper, great collection on akubras, the squatter is an awesome Hat. My congrats.

Last edited:

Mystic

Practically Family
Borsoleftside.jpg

Borsoonfront.jpg

Jeff

I'm beginning to see the attraction of homburgs. Really a nice looking hat!

What kind of Jiffy steamer do you use?

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Brothelcreeper-- I love your Dali choices, and did you get to see Jack White live? Beautiful organ, too! foot pump or electric?

Congrats on the squatter-- looks great! Would you consider posting some closeup photos of your tawny Akubra homburg in natural lighting in the Homburg Nation thread?

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
Cool Borso Hommie, Jeff.
I had never seen a vintage boater in person, so I had to pick this up if only just to check one out - knowing it would never fit on my noggin.
5a354aa6.jpg

ae6b5156.jpg

fddfb454.jpg

6620d56a.jpg

07f983b3.jpg

1e1a3e27.jpg

AnotherOne

New in Town
Newbie here--this is my first post. Here is a Champ stingy brim I picked up a couple weeks ago on Ebay.

champ1f.jpg

champ3.jpg

champliner.jpg

Beautiful dark chocolate brown with black grosgrain ribbon (and dorky feather). Felt has a great feel. Liner is brown, not black. I'm guessing late '50s or early '60s.

Picked this up on the Bay a couple weeks ago and been wearing it most every day since. My kids roll their eyes, but they're that age anyway.

I prefer wearing the stingy brim down in front, but it likes to flip up. Unless I can find a jazz combo to sit in with, I think the brim up doesn't work for me.

Last edited:

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Welcome, AnotherOne!

You might try snapping the brim down like you prefer it, then steaming it for a minute or two. Let it dry like that. That should do the trick.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner