Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.
Garrett,

Your new collection leaves me speechless, wherever do you find those great 30's lids?

DapperDuck, very nice whippet, I have one similar I found in a local antique shop, almost NOS condition. I have to post it sometime.

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Just got this Adam Majestic in yesterday, off e_Bay. Great milk chocolate brown and the felt is in great condition. Sweat needs just a tad bit of mink oil and it will be fine.

AdamMajestic004.jpg

AdamMajestic005.jpg

AdamMajestic007.jpg

AdamMajestic008.jpg

AdamMajestic010.jpg

DapperDuck

Familiar Face
cybergentleman said:
not to be a party pooper...what's with the brim binding on that last batch of photos...looks like its rippled or loose?

otherwise it's an excellent find :eusa_clap

Nothing is wrong with it really. There is only one little spot (five inches) where the binding is not flush with the felt, and just barely so. I think the shadow exaggerates it in the photo. It just needs to be pressed on that spot.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Mr. Paladin said:
Just got this Adam Majestic in yesterday, off e_Bay. Great milk chocolate brown and the felt is in great condition. Sweat needs just a tad bit of mink oil and it will be fine.

AdamMajestic004.jpg

WOW, thats an awesome Adam Majestic Mr. Paladin. Your right, the color does look like milk chocolate. You use mink oil for the sweat bands? Hows does that work? Does it ever seep into the felt, how much do you use? I have several hats that have sweats that really need some TLC and I think that mink oil may do the trick. Ive just never used it before. I dont even know where to buy it.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Longley Toyo Panama 20's

4998787463_72f9b01f69_b.jpg

4998784557_069bfb6841_z.jpg
4998786083_5f2ba2565c_z.jpg

4998782929_7f6584736c_z.jpg

Dirtiest hat yet:eek: Major Chicago Hat Manufacturer that died with its owner Albert Longley--most famous for a 3 year battle over the inheritance of his fortune(1929-31).

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
rlk said:
Dirtiest hat yet:eek: Major Chicago Hat Manufacturer that died with its owner Albert Longley--most famous for a 3 year battle over the inheritance of his fortune(1929-31).

There's a lot of character in that one. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Mr E Train

One Too Many
Received my bluegrass green Campdraft today. I went with the 10 day shipping, and it only took 5 days. I think I already like it better than my silverbelly one. Just shaped it, still damp.

bgcampdraft1.jpg

BigEasy

New in Town
I've not seen the Campdraft colors before. I like the Bluegrass green. Nice job with the bash. I've never bashed my own hat. How did you go about it? And I'm guessing you steamed it. How does that work exactly? Thanks.

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Mr E Train said:
Received my bluegrass green Campdraft today. I went with the 10 day shipping, and it only took 5 days. I think I already like it better than my silverbelly one. Just shaped it, still damp.

bgcampdraft1.jpg

I'm quite jealous, and I have the exact same hat lol!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24