Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
5556407470_ce03f95a3f_b.jpg

More in the Hall of Fame Thread.

Robert, I was amazed at how well that raspberry ribbon went with the Mojave felt. If it had been described, I would have thought it flashy but in person at FFIII, it was gorgeous! What a great hat!

ejbhats

A-List Customer
Thanks for the hat links. You may be right about the wider ribbon. Just don't want to make the crown look any taller. And you are right about the pencil roll too, it does add character. Feels like it needs a downspout!

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
That's an excellent portrait of a beautiful hat. I have yet to see any of the contemporary offerings from VS or Optimo in person. This photo piques my interest for a closer look.

I hadn't seen Art's hats in person before FedoraFest 3, and I have to say, when I saw Robert's and Bill's hats, they completely blew my mind. Art's craftsmanship and attention to detail is unlike anything I have seen before. His hats are truly a work of Art.

Neophyte

That was my experience also. As soon as I entered the clubroom I was struck dumb by Art's own oxblood (w/ teal ribbon), Wade's oxblood, and RLK and Buler's Mojaves. In addition to that, I think I overheard GTDean talking about his Artlite.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
HaBIG American Style

5556714931_33c92d1892_b.jpg
5557297868_3588184899_z.jpg
5556824987_462ef49145_z.jpg

Full 2-3/4" brim with American style finish and bow. Probably a late one '70's-'80's.

Last edited:

Fedora Jay

Familiar Face
Got this the other day from a fellow lounger. I absolutely love the color! It's a bit washed out in the first pic; the second one is much closer to the actual color.

I wish I was a bit better at creasing, as I didn't quite get it exactly as I wanted, but it's close enough for now. I worry a little about the brim being a bit too short for my face, but I'm not letting that stop me from wearing it!

5559982719_46752ff336.jpg

5559939147_8a49df0e15.jpg

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
I've been a little busy lately, but sometime this weekend I have some pictures of a great 50's Knox to post. Aureliano did a great refurb on the hat; a new crown block, reflanged, cleaned, and sized up from a 6 7/8 to a 7 1/8. Details to follow soon... :D

Light Gray Knox Twenty

Look forward to seeing that new Knox, Flute. While we wait, here is a Knox 20 I just received. I now have two 20's and two 40's to compare. These are both very nicely made hats and in many details, quite similar. The 20 felt is softer, the 40, denser and firmer. The 20 wants steam to form, the 40 is very easy to mold dry and holds a sharp crease well. I haven't worked on this hat yet. The liner has some hair product staining and the sweatband is a little dry. Of the four, this is the only one with a horizontal Knox brand stamp on the sweatband.

grayknox20_3.jpg

grayknox20_2.jpg

grayknox20_4.jpg

grayknox20_1.jpg

grayknox20_5.jpg

scooter

Practically Family
New Borsalino Allessandrio fished from the Bay. Seller says was his father's from the 40's or 50's, I guess it would be considered a homburg as the brim doesn't want to be snapped without distorting the hat. What say you, gentlemen?

IMG_0918.JPG

IMG_0919.JPG

IMG_0923.JPG

IMG_0926.JPG

IMG_0927.JPG

IMG_0928.JPG

IMG_0929.JPG

Alan, Fantastic Knox 20. I really like the light gray felt with black ribbon!

Scooter, Super Borsalino Nutria Homburg. That is a very unique find and a large size!

danofarlington

New Borsalino Allessandrio fished from the Bay. Seller says was his father's from the 40's or 50's, I guess it would be considered a homburg as the brim doesn't want to be snapped without distorting the hat. What say you, gentlemen?

IMG_0918.JPG

Sounds about right. I love that color--have one of same color. It's a choice one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran