Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jwalls

Vendor
100_0499.JPG

Granite gray 580 fedora 2-3/4" brim, 4-1/2" crown [creased]
Shipped to a customer in Australia.

DRB

One Too Many

I bought a hat identical to that weave and style for experimenting with. I got it from Panama Bob. It was a hat blank. I think I paid $20-$30 for it. I wanted to see just how delicate a modern day straw was. They are much more resilient than I thought.

The hat was natural colored. I dyed it to the same color as yours using the color Ecru and simmering for 2 minutes. The hat is too tall for me so I am going to chop off 1 inch slightly above the area where crown and brim meet and then sew the hat back together again. I am looking for the perfect ribbon for it. Can I borrow yours! Beautiful ribbon.

DRB

One Too Many
Yes the Andover is a nice hat I picked mine up a month ago for cheap at a consignment shop my wife likes to shop at.
If she buys a lot of stuff and I find a hat there I like I get a new hat for shopping with her.
That's our bargain.:)

I have to remember to try that strategy. Just don't forget to get frequent flyers miles for the guilt trip. :)

fmw: can we see a pic of you wearing the hat? I have no problem with different materials for hats. It adds diversity to the hat club.

jwalls: you did a great job.

fmw

One Too Many
Occasionally, we get surprises. I saw this hat on Ebay and it reminded me of Frank Sinatra. Not that I care that much about Frank Sinatra but the hat looked like it was in pretty good shape and I put in an opening bid of $9.95. It turned out to be the only bid and the hat arrived today. It is actually in pristine condition. It needed nothing but a little brim straightening. To my surprise it is real milan and the pug looks like it was put on it yesterday. Rogers Peet milan stingy brim fedora. 1 7/8" brim, 4 1/4" telescope crown and, when I wear it, I can croon. "I want to be a part of it, New York, New York."

peet.jpg

peetinterior.jpg

delectans

Call Me a Cab
fmw: Thank you for your kind remarks. Your observation on my head shape and narrow brims is very interesting, as I always thought wider brims were better suited for my broader face and large noggin.

Alex: Thanks! So, where are your Prom pictures, have I missed them?

GamaH

A-List Customer
It looks nice. It became wife approved. It is even rain proof. A very good combination of characteristics.

andover.jpg

andoverinterior.jpg

Omg. That hat looks stunning! I was actually considering getting it (from Bencraft), but the brim is a little wider than I was looking for.

Kkaderly

One of the Regulars
Finally caught a break and found this floating in the bay for a song!!!! I am a little disappointed cause it's a homburg but it is a really good one! The box is pretty rough but the hat looks like it has never been worn!! I have an opinion on how old it is but you chaps weigh in if you would!!! Will have to stretch it a little as it is not true to size anymore but hey I'm not complaining!!! The felt is really nice!!! Like clay almost ... The crown any way ... The brim is a little stiff as most homburgs are.

97f67a95.jpg

dfa15e71.jpg

7c600899.jpg

36dc8cef.jpg

d8d008a1.jpg

billyspew

One Too Many
Finally caught a break and found this floating in the bay for a song!!!! I am a little disappointed cause it's a homburg but it is a really good one! The box is pretty rough but the hat looks like it has never been worn!! I have an opinion on how old it is but you chaps weigh in if you would!!! Will have to stretch it a little as it is not true to size anymore but hey I'm not complaining!!! The felt is really nice!!! Like clay almost ... The crown any way ... The brim is a little stiff as most homburgs are.

Very nice indeed. The Frank H. Lee Company made nice hats (Lee and Disney to name but two).

It's hard to judge, but from the price and the oil skin tip I'd say late 40's, maybe early 50's. It is just a guess though!

RobStC

A-List Customer
Eleganter Sporthut

Part of a recent haul from a local vintage clothing shop. Probably German, looks 30's-ish, to me at least. A fair bit of mothing, but still quite wearable - for the right person! At 55cm, it's a bit too small for me, alas.....:(

More details in German and Austrian hats thread.

P1000855.jpg
[/IMG]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24