Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
003li.jpg

Ooh, that's a good one. I didn't know that Panama Bob offered such quality.

A. Peschel "Norma" Homburg

Size 59cm. Very early 1960s. Beautiful attention to detail. More in the German - Austrian and Homburg threads.

6057183633_bd9e6dc4fb_b.jpg

6057738202_fc5bf98756_b.jpg

Last edited:

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Bates Supreme.

I bought this hat in an eBay auction a little while ago. The styling and the rich coloured felt really appealed to me and I wasn't disappointed when the hat arrived.

Bates has been in business in London for many years and still sells hats today. I assume the modern hats are outsourced, maybe they always were? In any event, this hat is in super condition and fits very nicely.

With the exception of the stitched on fake wind trolly, the quality of construction is first class and the felt itself is close to (but not quite) the soft quality of my similar coloured Stetson 15.

D335320-L.jpg
D335322-L.jpg
D335324-L.jpg
D335326-L.jpg

Bates Supreme.

With the exception of the stitched on fake wind trolly, the quality of construction is first class and the felt itself is close to (but not quite) the soft quality of my similar coloured Stetson 15.

Looks great David. When you say fake wind trolley, is it that the button is sewn on? Does the cord loop around the fixed button and come off? If so, it's just another style of wind trolley, meant to be looped around a button rather than buttoned through a buttonhole. I have a couple of 1930's Stetsons that use this style rather than the more familiar version... this Stetson Aristocrat is one.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Aureliano & YF. It's nice to get a good hat that came from my homeland.

Looks great David. When you say fake wind trolley, is it that the button is sewn on? Does the cord loop around the fixed button and come off? If so, it's just another style of wind trolley, meant to be looped around a button rather than buttoned through a buttonhole. I have a couple of 1930's Stetsons that use this style rather than the more familiar version... this Stetson Aristocrat is one.

Alan, thanks for that - you are correct. I've never seen a wind trolly like that before and now it all falls into place. I wondered why it was stitched to the hat in an odd position, about 1/4 inch higher than the brim. Now I understand that is to make wrapping the cord around the button easier. Looks as though your Stetson is the same.

Thanks so much - like Aureliano, I learned something new!

davidraphael

Practically Family
Here's my latest acquisition. A fedora from Lembert Hutmacher of Augsburg. Picked it up for a song. The material is great and very cozy - Looking forward to winter with this one.

Extra images over in the German/Austrian thread...

81693378.jpg
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]
12053788.jpg
90304634.jpg
88737187.jpg
44637783.jpg

Kkaderly

One of the Regulars
Found this one floating in the bay ... Scooped it up in a hury ... Perfect condition Stetson DeLux .... Extremely soft and light!!!! It so light I think my monti panama weighs more then it! Perfect fit ... I think I finally found the perfect brim width for me at 2 1/4!!!

d2d4ab36.jpg

eac7e9fb.jpg

72ac4d84.jpg

0c932f0f.jpg

The pictures don't really do it justis! Waiting for cool weather!!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic