Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

coble

A-List Customer
Thanks coble! And I continue to be envious of your copperpot!

well bowlerman thank you for the compliment on the copperpot. I was going to share this later when it gets started by Bob at blacksheep hatworks. But why not, i went mad scientist on this design, and it will be with an orange ribbon and orange binding, on steel gray beaver felt. This took a lot of design a lot of paper on what was stuck in my imagination of my next hat. From the front it looks like a homburg, to the side it looks like a bowler but the back drops, i don't have the drawing of the back view, but there's going to be a teardrop , so in the back it has a fedora feel. Like i said mad scientist. This will be my gift to myself after Navy bootcamp starting in Jan. So bowlerman i do want to admit i was inspired by your hats, so the envy of my copperpot, i've got envy for your bowlers. These are just drawings, yes there's stitching under the binding and it will be in orange as well.

308376_10150462271995350_503590349_11158581_1644581400_n.jpg

376927_10150462272805350_503590349_11158590_590442376_n.jpg

302495_10150462279885350_503590349_11158685_1836153392_n.jpg

again, these are just drawings, Bob is going to go off the design but he has free reign on the final design, including bow design, liner, brim, crown height.

Last edited:

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
That is superb! Very creative-- you are a heck of a designer. From what I gather, if anyone can actuate this with "flying colors" as it were, it's Bob Jesse.

coble

A-List Customer
you know RLK, I don't know where you find these beautiful hats, but you sure know how to pick them. Wonderful finds.

coble

A-List Customer
i'd say so, RLK you can send any advice, any painstakingly built list of contact and sources to everyone here on the lounge, and your skills to find the diamonds in the rough, because you have LOADS of DIAMONDS.

JWALLS, EXCELLENT, that ribbon is wild, really makes the hat shine, and you have inspired me to build a hat wall like the one you have.

1940s Royal Stetson DeLuxe

As plain jane as they come and a great example of how beautifully a hat could be designed and styled for a modest price point.
The thin felt needs a bit of steam refreshment, but otherwise, condition is as it was sold. Lightweight at 2.9 ounces, the felt feels exactly like an early forties Vita-Felt. No markings to indicate this, but perhaps the process or aesthetic remained after the marketing effort faded?

rsd6.jpg

rsd5.jpg

Triple stitched overwelt... I can't recall another hat in my collection with an overwelt brim edge?

rsd4.jpg

rsd3.jpg

rsd2.jpg

No lining protector over the taffeta lining allows a nice view of the 40s RSD emblem and quality printing.

rsd1.jpg

coble

A-List Customer
Alan, nice clean classic stetson, simple but still really nice. By the way congrats on pic of the day on the nasa page. I've been into astronomy since i was 10 years old, had to sell my orion telescope to make ends meet, but wanted to congratulate you.

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
i'd say so, RLK you can send any advice, any painstakingly built list of contact and sources to everyone here on the lounge, and your skills to find the diamonds in the rough, because you have LOADS of DIAMONDS.

Yeah right... magicians never reveal their tricks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy