Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
yes. Wow! --what everyone else said. Mike, that powder blue VS is great, and works perfectly with your ensemble. Thanks for posting a person-shot in outdoor lighting-- really puts it in perspective.

Brent Hutto

One of the Regulars
Here's my new Tumwater hat (cross-posted from the "tonyb" thread). It's exactly like the hat Tony made for me in 2011 except dark-brown ribbon on light-brown felt instead of the inverse.

Camel1.jpg

JonnyO

A-List Customer
Just got this Imperial Stetson today in the mail. I think I will be giving up on eBay and buying a new Stetson soon, I've had the luck of only winning hats with a 2" or less brim.

IMG_2037.jpg

IMG_2039.jpg

IMG_2040.jpg

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
You might be disappointed in the quality of a new Stetson JonnyO. In your size you shouldn't have a problem finding a nice vintage Stetson with a 2-3" brim.

JonnyO

A-List Customer
You might be disappointed in the quality of a new Stetson JonnyO. In your size you shouldn't have a problem finding a nice vintage Stetson with a 2-3" brim.

Nice Stetson JonnyO! I have a couple of new Stetson's that I will not wear in bad weather.Keep checking ebay!

Indeed, there are almost always good fedoras on eBay in 7 1/8 size.

Thank you gentlemen. Since I'm new to the game, any keywords I should be searching for on eBay, such as brands and models?

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Jonny, I'm no expert but I find some good deals from time to time. No problem with sharing how I go about it.

I have a bunch of saved searches, some very broad like "vintage fedora" some for specific models "Stetson Playboy" for example.

Some by size "Stetson 7 1 8" catches all the 7 1/8 hats in that brand.

I enjoy seeing all the different hats and what they sell for, so when I find something interesting I put it in my watch list - although I probably have no intention of bidding.

All just part of the fun for me. Hope this helps.

JonnyO

A-List Customer
It definitely does, thank you DJH! I actually have Stetson Playboy saved as one of searches as well. I just did a quick search for fedora under "vintage" and found a couple, so hope may be restored after all haha.

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
It definitely does, thank you DJH! I actually have Stetson Playboy saved as one of searches as well. I just did a quick search for fedora under "vintage" and found a couple, so hope may be restored after all haha.

JonnyO, can't believe I forgot to mention our very own classifieds, You'll likely do much better here than on ebay too. Our members are much more knowledgeable and honest than most ebay sellers. Just for example, this Stetson with serious brim is a steal for $78 shipped:

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?65219-FOR-SALE-Stetson-3X-Beaver-Quality-Size-7-1-8

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy