Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

m0nk

One Too Many
I posted this in the Champ thread but wasn't sure if anyone was looking recently. I just picked this Champ up for $30 on etsy (looked like a decent deal, perhaps only needs some good brushing and maybe a reblock), should arrive next week. I'm not sure when it's from, and I don't know much about the Kasmir finish, other than it was specific to Champ hats. If anyone could fill me in with more info that would be great. I can/will also post more pics next week when it arrives.

The seller noted an open crown size of 5 1/2", brim width of 2 1/2", and ribbon width of 1 3/4".

champ1.jpg

champ2.jpg

champ3.jpg

champ4.jpg

m0nk

One Too Many
Is that brim stitched or is it some kind of welt? I really like the upright lines, it stands up well to having pretty serious crease+dents in it.
If you're asking about the Champ, the larger images appear to show a welted edge; either an overwelt or Cavanaugh style, but I'll need to see it in person to confirm that.

Robert, David, Manfred, Great new ones! Sharp ribbon / bow design on the Portis Chief! The felt color on Emerson is fantastic! Really like the look of the Wilke Caballero and what a deal/steal!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24