Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Just in time for Fawcett Friday - VS Executive style in Dove.
Totally inspired by Eric (Short Balding Guy)

smugshot_972078-L.jpg

Man what a teaser! You're on a super roll, David.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
The roll is over for now, Jeff.
I have no new hat commitments and I'm not tempted by anything at the moment. The good news is that I have a couple of decent hats to enjoy wearing!

seabass

Call Me a Cab
rlk,
Huckel with History !
very nice both hat & the research you guys are finding...

David,
the VS tease is a Looker !

TWH,
Good Knee Slapper the Dueling Hats video !

DJH

I'll Lock Up
AnA, Che - thanks guys.

My theory is that if I can wear the VS Exec about half as well as Eric does his, I'll be a happy man!

Ed - the video is great. I can picture all the loungers getting into a similar contest by wearing all our hats at the same time. I have the vision of this Splintz shot from the other day:

01213.jpg

Only piled way higher!

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Borsalino Lightweight in Narvallo

NOT really a rollable pocket hat, it has spent too many decades in its little shipping box.

DSCF1492.JPG
DSCF1490.JPG
DSCF1489.JPG

Last edited:

TPD166

One Too Many
Saturday Project

This is actually my eight year old son’s new hat. Sometime last year we watched the Roy Roger’s double-teardrop creasing video and my son has been fascinated by that crease ever since. I have been looking for the right hat to try this on and yesterday I found a 1970s Stetson 5X at a thrift store in my son’s small size for $15. It came with a tall RCA crease and an ugly glued-on braided black suede band. When I punched out the crease the crown was just shy of 6-1/2” tall.

After watching the video again, I steamed out the old crease, removed the liner, soaked the crown with distilled water, and tried to follow what Roy said and did in the video. It only took about :20 minutes and I am satisfied with the results. I added a new leather hatband and gave it to my son this morning – he could not believe he actually had a double-teardrop of his own!

Before:
RR1ww.jpg

Soaked creased crown and newly shaped brim (sorry for the poor camera phone pics):
RR2w.jpg

RR3.jpg

Final outcome:
RR5.jpg

RR4.jpg

rr6.jpg

Walt

One of the Regulars
That Roy Rogers tribute looks great! Good job. You should post photos of the young cowboy wearing it.

TPD166

One Too Many
Thank you for all the kind words - my son is little under the weather today, but plan to post some pics of him wearing it as soon as he is feeling better. I am also thinking maybe Dad needs a Roy Rogers hat in his size too?

I think Roy would be proud, looks great.

Hi Ho Silver!!

Two Roberts, three fine hats, one happy eight-year-old. It's all about the numbers.

That Roy Rogers tribute looks great! Good job. You should post photos of the young cowboy wearing it.

Mystic

Practically Family
New to me Mallory Ten. Coming off a tour of freezer duty today. Will need some brushing, Woolite touch-up, steaming and shaping but I think it will be a nice hat.
Gonna make a good companion to my Lt. Grey Mallory Ten.
IMG_0995.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_0996.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_0997.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_0998.jpg
[/IMG]

TPD166

One Too Many
Final product and its proud new owner (wearing it in his laid-back style - apparently it was hard day on the trail):
Sean_RR3w.jpg

This is actually my eight year old son’s new hat. Sometime last year we watched the Roy Roger’s double-teardrop creasing video and my son has been fascinated by that crease ever since. I have been looking for the right hat to try this on and yesterday I found a 1970s Stetson 5X at a thrift store in my son’s small size for $15. It came with a tall RCA crease and an ugly glued-on braided black suede band. When I punched out the crease the crown was just shy of 6-1/2” tall.

After watching the video again, I steamed out the old crease, removed the liner, soaked the crown with distilled water, and tried to follow what Roy said and did in the video. It only took about :20 minutes and I am satisfied with the results. I added a new leather hatband and gave it to my son this morning – he could not believe he actually had a double-teardrop of his own!

scooter

Practically Family
Robert, great hat, great bash, great pic, and great kid! Mystic, that Mallory is REALLY sweet! Fellas, I'm too lazy to go back and comment on every hat I see, but there are some magnificent specimens, to be sure. Just wonderful on the part of everyone of you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80