Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luscombe

New in Town
If you look close, you can see a vertical accent strip in the center of the bow. It matches the edge binding ribbon.
Tony did a terrific job.
I think the hat suits me.

Luscombe

New in Town
If you look close, you can see a vertical accent strip in the center of the bow. It matches the edge binding ribbon.
Tony did a terrific job.
I think the hat suits me.

John Galt

Vendor
A Nos Bee Hats Featherweight I received last week.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369833289.416020.jpg

John Galt

Vendor
My wife found this Mallory Nokabout at an antique store today at a very good price. A very nice lightweight, that just needs a little TLC. Someone had glued a feather on - it didn't make it out of the store that way. Luckily, they used rubbery glue...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369855538.090614.jpg

She also found this nice Rogers Peet brown on brown homburg.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369855601.807651.jpg

John Galt

Vendor
Galt, both of those are winners, too. Are they the right size?

Thanks. Can't believe the Nokabout - it was on my bucket list.

The Mallory is a little small at 6 7/8, but its got a good sweat and I think I can bring it up carefully to a 7, which is good enough. I'm a 7 to 7 1/8, and can usually make a 6 7/8 work. The homburg is a 7, and should be no problem. The Bee has a split band, but is otherwise perfect :-(

I want to go back to the store where she bought the Mallory & Rogers Peet hats - they have a vintage grey homburg also - hope its there when I go.

g.durand

One Too Many
DJH--nice find on the Playboy. I paid considerably more for mine:eusa_doh:. But I like it, so does it matter?!
Justin--really killer acquisition with the Mallory.
TPD166--all really nice finds, there. That Stetson Standard Quality is especially impressive.
Luscombe and John Galt--I'll join the party and say that you both have hit the jackpot. Luscombe, the pecan felt, the ribbon work and the proportions are superb. JG, I really like the Mallory and the Bee featherweight.

I just received this from Mr. Fawcett. More on the Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame thread.
IMG_2559_zps4e2011ad.jpg

John Galt

Vendor
DJHI just received this from Mr. Fawcett. More on the Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame thread.
IMG_2559_zps4e2011ad.jpg

Very nice hat indeed. I don't have a VS yet, I mostly buy old lightweights and try to make them look new. I may need to buy an Artlight. Mr. Fawcett is aptly named. He and Brent Black are the Cavanagh and Stetson of our time, I suppose.

g.durand

One Too Many
He and Brent Black are the Cavanagh and Stetson of our time, I suppose.

You could add a few others to that list, but Art is one of the best. He is the only custom hatter I've dealt with. I've got a couple of Optimos that I picked up on the aftermarket and sent to them to have sized and shaped to my specs. They are very high quality hats--I suppose you could call them semi-custom. But Optimo, although very good hatters, are more of a small production and custom outfit whereas Art is more of a throwback, an artisan.

Most of what I have are vintage, though. In fact these came in the mail today. These are photos from right out of the box. I spent some time tonight brushing and steaming. I'll get some detailed photos up over the weekend.

Lee "Trinity" Blue Label
trinity_zps26b0d367.jpg

Lee "Harmony" Silver Label
harmony_zps3ca6e7e4.jpg

Last edited:

John Galt

Vendor
Beauties! I have a taupe Lee Adventure, but it's a little odd - doesn't match anything I own.

You know, you look a bit like Brent Spiner in these photos.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran