Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
wow.. interesting story

yeah the size tag screams 60s ... as does the Lee logo on the liner

I have a Lee from the 1940s that also says Fifth Avenue on it .... both on the sweat and the tag on the tip

5th.jpg

So I don't think "lee" actually was a hat maker, do you? And yep that fifth avenue. Reminds me of the elevator name...Otis! You see it so often but on the end of hats, what does that really mean, fifth avenue?

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Lee was a hat company. Fifth avenue means they had a store on Fifth avenue in NYC.

absolutely

there was a time where there were 40 plus full service hat stores on Manhattan alone ... and multiple hat stores on Fifth ave.

sadly now there are 2

Cariduro24

New in Town
Evening fellow Brothers of The Straw. Here to share my newest addition, a vintage Genuine Baku made in Italy (brand less). If anyone can shine some light about possible era and brand, it will be much appreciated. Stay in the shade friends.
3de45a16f436c774f9d46228aaed6485.jpg

584d061b1d240b35fa74c3852769c3a0.jpg
ee19dbd306f224524c61f18aed680db4.jpg
8100cc4f0050e70e2d8ec10f8a8c786e.jpg
3607aefe6516d1a278d4cf8c77feafb7.jpg
a6b8a45830bc14ef0fa7eb7008348dfb.jpg

Enjoy

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
:cheers1::whoo::wave::peace:
Thank you all.
I'm open for donations if someone wants (I can always dream right?) (and my birthday is in less than 2 months) ;)

So I don't think "lee" actually was a hat maker, do you? And yep that fifth avenue. Reminds me of the elevator name...Otis! You see it so often but on the end of hats, what does that really mean, fifth avenue?

The Lee Lounge would be a place to visit. The Frank H. Lee company advertised an address at 475 Fifth Ave. in the 1940s-50s.

ofcoursemyhorse

Practically Family
Very strange but fun bowler that dates to the late twenties early thirties. Custom made by a Neale Thorsen Costume and Hair study in Tacoma, Washingtohn. More than likely produced for a stage show.

Last edited:

ofcoursemyhorse

Practically Family
Interesting find. I've rescued a couple of old hats from a costume shop to save them from such a fate. ;)

I was watching Quick and the Dead the other day and found myself cringing not from Sharon Stones acting but from seeing a bunch of vintage bowlers that had been intentionally aged to give them "character".

Slacker Drummer

Familiar Face
Sheplers Own "Tulsa"

I picked up this "Made for Sheplers by Stetson" version of the Open Road for my son, who has been trying to take my Campdraft (he's five-and-a-half). It didn't want to give up it's cattleman's crease at first, but it's getting there. I just hope he doesn't try to tell me that this one is my hat. It would be an awfully snug fit.

Tulsa01_zps6aylo5fe.jpg

Tulsa00_zpscar4xhci.jpg

Tulsa02_zpspkmqa4as.jpg

Tulsa03_zpsrxkd8gj2.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy