Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Panadora

Practically Family
This one was listed as a 1960's Stetson. I think it might be earlier. 2 decades possibly?
View attachment 51587 View attachment 51588 View attachment 51589
Congratulations on your Eagle - I love mine!
IMG_2603.jpg

So well proportioned and unpretentious

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
We here have had to refrain so far, from the journey to Optimo. Prices are a scary thing and then if you wanted a few of them, second mortgage time on the home! But yes they make a super nice hat. We had one come from a eBay sale a few years back, but, it was a 7 3/8 and too small...

I couldn't refrain. And my ex wife busted me! Um, you all can look forward to some listings as I attempt to sell a handful soon. Guess I'd better even out the investment as much as possible.

Love the hat in your avatar...it has so many nice elements to it, the crown seems high and the way you have it bashed just adds to the attraction of the hat so very much. I keep looking for one similar or exact in a 7 1/2 LO and just can't find one!

Thank you! That one is my black cherry beaver felt lords hat from Falcon Park Hattery. Probably my most worn hat. You can see it here-- it's the "Laird." http://www.falconparkhattery.com/#!full-custom/k14e9 I opened the brim fold after it arrived to assimilate more of a curl.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
I am SO excited about this Knox Superfine homburg. I've been trying to grab one of these for years, or the Stetson "Supper Club" which I believe to be the equivalent competitor. The colors slay me like a beautiful woman, and make my knees weak. I love that you have to look closely and in specific lighting conditions to see the blue pop out of the midnight. It's pristine and fits my head perfectly. Here's the only good photo so far, but more will be coming.

Attachments

• IMG_0556 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_0556 - Copy.JPG
    132.4 KB · Views: 144

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Looks familiar...

View attachment 55135

Never heard of a "Supper Club." I thought the only designation they had was "St. Regis."

I once owned a Stetson Supper Club almost exactly like that. It was black felt with reddish-purpleish ribbon and brim binding. Very classy homburg. Same proportions as a standard St. Regis, but I think the Supper Club was a "fancier" version of the St. Regis.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Looks familiar...

View attachment 55135

Never heard of a "Supper Club." I thought the only designation they had was "St. Regis."

wow, frunobulax! It's almost a spitting image. Did I buy this from you? haha. Aside from the crease, the only difference I see is that the bow knots are pleated in inversion from each other. Is yours a Stetson or a Knox?

Just a little info I dug up on the proprietor. The text was all jumbled up due to some OCR text thing but I tried to piece it together.

July 7, 1966

The Bridgeport Post from Bridgeport, Connecticut · Page 33

CLARENCE OSBORNE , HAT FIRM OWNER, DIES BROOKFIELD - Clarence Osborne, 69, of Gray's Bridge road, owner and operator of the Hat City Hat company, on Kim street, Danbury, for 15 years, who died suddenly Tuesday, will take place Friday 10am….Mr. Osborne. who was born in Orangebury, N.Y., lived in Bethel most of his life. He had lived in New Fairfield six years and in Brookfield the past three years. The Hat City Hat company specialized in custom hatting and renovating. After selling this business three years ago, Mr. Osborne retired. Prior to owning hat business, he had been a hatter and managed several hat shops in the Danbury area. He was a veteran of World War I. serving with the Army Corps. Mr. Osborne was a member of the Hat City barracks, World War I Veterans, of Danbury, the American Council. Daughters of America; the Order of Eastern and the Masonic order. He is survived by his wife, Mrs. Ida Jane Osborne of Brookfield: two brothers, Arthur Osborne of Bethel and Raymond Osborne of Danbury; a sister Mrs. Manual Silva of Bridgeport and several nieces and nephews

I also have one of these hats. I spent more than a dollar on it though. Kind of a low end production hat, stiff-ish felt, cheap liner. The sweat is broken at the logo, but similar to the one posted a while back. I thought I would never find references on this maker, I was happy to search my way into this post. I like the hat, probably will replace the sweat. It does warrant one of my vintage Mercedes pins in the bow.
29044767146_39b06de230_z.jpg

29044769316_57d568184f_z.jpg

Nobert

Practically Family
I don't have a picture, but I do have a story:

Yesterday, this guy comes in to where I work; he's as much of a regular as an antiques store can have, he's been in a few times. He noticed the way I dressed, and he has some hats he has collected over the years. This day he brought in a few that were too small for him.
"Nice" I said, looking them over.
"Go ahead and try them if you want."
One wasn't my style, two were two small, the final was a Royal Stetson, the kind of hat I've been waiting for but could never afford. It fit well enough.
"So, are you looking to unload these?" I inquired.
"If you're interested, I'd sell them to you. (he meant me, personally):
"What do you want for this one?"
"Oh, say, twenty dollars."
"At twenty dollars, sure I'll take it," I said nonchalantly, while damn near ripping my wallet in half to procure an Andrew Jackson.
So, I'm now the owner of of a Stetson Royal Deluxe Madison. The guy didn't even care about the money, he just wanted it to go to someone who would appreciate it. The fact that people like this seem to be drawn to me, even though many of them are crazy, makes me feel as though I'm doing something right.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana