Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
You’d look great wearing it. You’ll need a velvet smoking jacket to pair with it.
It would also fit in nicely with these:

20230603_213522.jpg

20230603_213809.jpg

It was Stetson week this week (for me anyway). And another bowler.
Stetson Standard bowler. Imported for hat-retailer JS Meuwsen. Size 7 (English sizing though. so 7 1/8 American) with the brim at 5cm and the crown at 12cm (-ish). Seller stated that the original owner wore his hats during the WWII period, which seems likely for this one (and impossible for the others), judging by the manufacturing label. Anyway before Stetson started licensing their brand for the European market. In excellent condition and weighs 175 grams (not a lightweight). I'll post the labels and whatnot in the bowler thread.

stetson standard meuwsen_01.jpg
stetson standard meuwsen_02.jpg
stetson standard meuwsen_03.jpg
stetson standard meuwsen_04.jpg
stetson standard meuwsen_05.jpg
stetson standard meuwsen_06.jpg
stetson standard meuwsen_07.jpg
stetson standard meuwsen_08.jpg
stetson standard meuwsen_09.jpg
stetson standard meuwsen_10.jpg

Another Stetson. This time made under license by Failsworth in England. Came with its box.
Royal Stetson Denver in a brown colour called bison. Size 57 with the bound brim at 6,5cm and the crown at 11cm at the center dent. Works both brim up and brim down. It is a true 57 so too large for me. Nice hand to the felt and somewhat more sturdy without being stiff. Weighs 134 grams.

stetson denver_01.jpg
stetson denver_03.jpg
stetson denver_04.jpg
stetson denver_06.jpg
stetson denver_07.jpg
stetson denver_08.jpg
stetson denver_09.jpg
stetson denver_10.jpg
stetson denver_11.jpg
stetson denver_12.jpg

And still from the same owner, Stetson number three. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...it could well be a duck imitator. This peach of a hat whispered "whippet" to me, but it was lying. Made under license in England by Failworth this Imperial Stetson in grey is actually a model called Del Monte 2 1/2. English size 7 or size 57 (but fits like a size 56 - which I was hoping for) with the bound brim at 6,2cm and the crown at 10,5cm at the center dent. Cuppy and pronounced flange in the back (and front) it does have attitude in spades. Early fifties by the looks of it.
This one weighs 125 grams.

stetson del monte_01.jpg
stetson del monte_02.jpg
stetson del monte_03.jpg
stetson del monte_04.jpg
stetson del monte_06.jpg
stetson del monte_07.jpg
stetson del monte_08.jpg
stetson del monte_09.jpg
stetson del monte_10.jpg
stetson del monte_11.jpg

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
A wonderful set of hats, Stefan.

And still from the same owner, Stetson number three. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...it could well be a duck imitator. This peach of a hat whispered "whippet" to me, but it was lying. Made under license in England by Failworth this Imperial Stetson in grey is actually a model called Del Monte 2 1/2. English size 7 or size 57 (but fits like a size 56 - which I was hoping for) with the bound brim at 6,2cm and the crown at 10,5cm at the center dent. Cuppy and pronounced flange in the back (and front) it does have attitude in spades. Early fifties by the looks of it.
This one weighs 125 grams.

View attachment 524076 View attachment 524077 View attachment 524078 View attachment 524079 View attachment 524080 View attachment 524081 View attachment 524082 View attachment 524083 View attachment 524084 View attachment 524085

Forgot I bought this one, which is hard to believe with such a nice hat.
Borsalino Lunasca 39 1/2 in a brown colour called Palma. That is the first time we've seen this colour, so the sheer endless number of Borsalino colours hasn't reached the bottom yet. Size 59 with the raw edge brim at 7,2cm and the crown at 10,5cm at the center dent. Weighs 120 grams and was sold by Sools, Paris. It's a beauty. A bit of the shadow of the old crease can still be seen in the back.

borsalino lunasca palma_02.jpg
borsalino lunasca palma_03.jpg
borsalino lunasca palma_04.jpg
borsalino lunasca palma_06.jpg
borsalino lunasca palma_07.jpg
borsalino lunasca palma_08.jpg
borsalino lunasca palma_09.jpg
borsalino lunasca palma_10.jpg
borsalino lunasca palma_12.jpg
borsalino lunasca palma_01.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads