Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mean Eyed Matt

One Too Many

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
This one finally arrived the other day. I couldn't be happier.

More to come in the "Toppers Unite" thread.

20240519_163024.jpg

20240519_163124.jpg
20240519_163133.jpg

RickP

One of the Regulars
Thought I try somethng a little different.... I didnt have anything with a curled brim and then this came to my attention. A fun little 3x beaver Stetson/ Eddie Bauer Gambler. Fresh out of the mail and time for a little bit of steaming, shaping, and cleaning.. The hatbands gotta go though lol. Ive got some of this in my box of goodies... just a bit wider and a pretty good color match to binding (once a bit of brim binding cleaning is done it should be a real close match) Way better than the 70's hippie hatband!

Not sure if I should do a bow, or or add a domed antique coin concho to cover the ends of the ribbon like a hatpin. Ive got a few to choose from.... Any thoughts and ideas? (coins on the ribbon for size idea)

Compress_20240520_114020_0935.jpg
Compress_20240520_115633_3412.jpg
Compress_20240520_120922_2051.jpg

RickP

One of the Regulars
Im really leaning toward a simple modest 1 -1/4"ribbon and bow, and save the domed coins for leatherwork.. I could do a nice leather band with the coins every 2-3 inches all the way around, but that would add a couple pounds to the hat lol

RickP

One of the Regulars
Fun pair of newbies showed up today. A pair of Stetson Temples that came out of the same household. ( they needed to stay together so I gave BOTH of them a new home.) Both are Soverigns and almost appear unworn. The Caribou is a really firm feel, and the Sage is really really soft finish. Already have a soft Mink Soverign Temple so now I have a selection lol. I I was short of gray Hats so there are nice (Plenty of Blacks, Dark Browns and Silverbellys). Now to figure out which one to wear tommorrow
Compress_20240521_190552_2006.jpg
Compress_20240521_190552_2405.jpg

rogueclimber

One of the Regulars
I've got something different in route... :cool:

Arrived the same time my spectacular Busted Hats Indy Fedora arrived so I didn't really deal with it...

IMG_0528.jpeg

A work hat, but still after the hats I have learned about through this place it is disappointing to get such a poorly made hat :confused:

The seam on the cover doesn't line up with the seam on the sweatband and nothing lines up with the center of the hat. And I believe they make one size LARGE (though sold as 7 1/4) -- cheap foam tape shim added in front but still much larger than all of my other hats

But to end on a happy note
Yes you did, and it is fantastic

I have loved Western Hats since I was a child, but seeing Raiders when it came out turned me on to Fedoras. I finally have me an Indy Fedora. Thanks for your hard work @Darrell2688
View attachment 616287
View attachment 616288

View attachment 616290
View attachment 616291

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
Arrived the same time my spectacular Busted Hats Indy Fedora arrived so I didn't really deal with it...

View attachment 616372

A work hat, but still after the hats I have learned about through this place it is disappointing to get such a poorly made hat :confused:

The seam on the cover doesn't line up with the seam on the sweatband and nothing lines up with the center of the hat. And I believe they make one size LARGE (though sold as 7 1/4) -- cheap foam tape shim added in front but still much larger than all of my other hats

But to end on a happy note

Oh my, you are a proper full bird captain! Good looking uniform, sorry to hear the hat isn’t up to snuff.

Should we expect to miss you for weeks on end while you are out sailing the seven seas?

rogueclimber

One of the Regulars
Should we expect to miss you for weeks on end while you are out sailing the seven seas?

An old boss once told me to not go too high in Tonnage for my credentials, else you don't go home at night...

This is my "retirement" gig. I drove dive boats (up to 25 pax) in Hawaii and now drive for Hornblower/City Cruises in Marina del Rey

From this
IMG_0423.jpeg

to these:
1716647613158.jpeg

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
An old boss once told me to not go too high in Tonnage for my credentials, else you don't go home at night...

This is my "retirement" gig. I drove dive boats (up to 25 pax) in Hawaii and now drive for Hornblower/City Cruises in Marina del Rey

From this
View attachment 616385

to these:
View attachment 616392

Sweet, when I make it out to Marina del Rey I know where to get my city cruise!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace