Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ugarte

A-List Customer
jimmy the lid said:
Mark -- great lids! I especially like the Melton 10. The stitching suggests that the edge binding may be wider on the bottom of the brim than on the top -- is this true?

Jimmy, sorry I missed this question until just now.

Yes, the Melton is wider on the bottom. I keep looking at it and thinking that it's a nice hat. I am proud.

Click to enlarge and blur:

Mark

AlanC said:
^Gorgeous, toobacat, but I hate to see the wind trolley go.

Odd that one of the roll up hats was fully lined. I thought generally they just had a little medallion on the top.

Great score. I took a look at the auction. I have no idea how you turned that one up.

I kinda thought that, too, Alan. Not that I've encountered many rollup Borsalinos, mind you.

I'm pleased to have this one, and I would be even if it didn't fit, just for the novelty of it. If nothing else, it should make for tempting barter bait at some future date.

I fully expected to get sniped on this, but as it turned out, I was the only bidder. The listing was just plain odd. The seller really had no idea what he had. I won't say how I stumbled upon it, but suffice it to say it surprised me to see it turn up.

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
toobacat said:
Alan, i still have the wind trolley, they sent it back with my hat. Not sure why they didn't put it back on. I was pleasantly surprised when it arrived that I had bought a green hat.

It looks great, but that would have annoyed me. I'm a big fan of wind trolleys.

Did they keep the various original parts on it?

Is that a Cav edge?

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
AlanC said:

I just got my new-to-me green Borsalino back from Optimo yesterday, where I had sent it for cleaning. It no longer has its original wind trolley. Just gone. I am not a happy camper...

Cheers,
JtL

toobacat

One of the Regulars
AlanC said:

Did they keep the various original parts on it?

Is that a Cav edge?

Yes, I have all the original parts. It is a Cav edge. They've offered to redo the sweatband, because it was supposed to be brown and it's black, so I'll send the wind trolley back with the hat.

AlanC

jimmy the lid said:
I just got my new-to-me green Borsalino back from Optimo yesterday, where I had sent it for cleaning. It no longer has its original wind trolley. Just gone. I am not a happy camper...

Does Graham hate wind trolleys or just on green hats?

Duck

Practically Family
Panama Spree!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am getting ready for summer, I guess. I looked at all the sweet Panamas posted here last year, so I have went crazy ( according to my wife ) [huh] and have bought 3 new Panamas. Two from Bob and one from a member at Club Obi Wan (it came from Casey).
1st. The Optimo from Casey:
Optimo2.jpg

2nd. My 1st hat from Panama Bob:
PB1.jpg

3rd. Another hat from Bob: Wearing it as I type this :D
PB2.jpg

Needless to say, I am a very happy guy!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Duck said:
I am getting ready for summer, I guess. I looked at all the sweet Panamas posted here last year, so I have went crazy ( according to my wife ) [huh] and have bought 3 new Panamas. Two from Bob and one from a member at Club Obi Wan (it came from Casey).
1st. The Optimo from Casey:
Optimo2.jpg

2nd. My 1st hat from Panama Bob:
PB1.jpg

3rd. Another hat from Bob: Wearing it as I type this :D
PB2.jpg

Needless to say, I am a very happy guy!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D
I really want an optimo now!:eusa_doh: I like the brown ribbon too!

AlanC

^You can't beat an optimo crown Panama.

Well, that Resistol bowler that turned out to be a homburg I've decided is without question a bowler. It's simply a bowler with a soft top. You can push it down, but you shouldn't. I messed around with the brim some to try to get it to form a bit of a 'smile' shape from the front (if that makes any sense)

Here's a blurry pic. I would have gotten a better one but this turned out to be the final picture there was room for on the camera card. Either that or I broke the camera. (Just previewed the picture and it really is very bad--sorry!)

resistolbowler08apr11nw5.jpg

Viper Man

Banned
Every time I browse through this thread I have an incredible urge to spend money at e-bay! Beautiful hats everyone! :eusa_clap

Colby Jack said:
That Lee is one sweet lid!....:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Hey! Thanks, Colby Jack. I just sold it here in the classifieds. It was a beauty but too big for me in both size and dimensions. It got twice as many stares as my other hats probably because of the 3" brim. Oh well, the money is going to help pay off the remainder of my VS balance. I can't wait to see Art's work up close and on my head!

alphy27

One of the Regulars
Mallory

Gentlemen, You've all got some fine new lids there. I got this indestructible beauty from feltfan's "Big Melon Blowout". I love it so much I think I'll wear it every day until the weather gets to hot for felt.
Mallory.jpg

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
alphy27, Welcome to the Lounge. It's obvious you're enjoying that good looking hat.
alphy27 said:
I love it so much I think I'll wear it every day until the weather gets to hot for felt.
There are two kinds of hat wearers: those who say it never gets too hot for felt, and those who say it SOMETIMES does. :D

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Hey Alphy, nice lid!

I just won this tonight on the Bay. It's rough looking, needs a good brushing, blocking and a steam but I have a good feeling about it.

vintage Mallory

Looks to be a light-weight/summer hat from the 1930s/early 1940s.

Duck

Practically Family
Great looking hat, Alphy.
Fantastic hat thunderw21!!! How did I miss that in my size :eusa_doh:
Please post more photos when it arrives!!!!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR