Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

skwerl-hat

One of the Regulars
i just won a stetson selv edge 3x beaver hat off of ebay.
do any of you in the know have a guess as to its age?

130e_1.JPG

!BLSEVZQBWk~$(KGrHgoOKj0EjlLmRc54BJegTo82OQ~~_1.JPG

nickn5

One of the Regulars
1960s I'd guess, black sweatband and selv-edge are clues (and logo on liner), but I'm no expert so others might know better.

N. :)

rrog

A-List Customer
buler said:
Found my 2nd hat. Got a Stetson Brush in Silverbelly off craigslist for $10.00. The drawback was 2 ink marks under the brim. I made a new thread explaining how I removed the ink.

Bill

That's a great find Buler. And I'm not sure if you've been welcomed to the lounge yet, but welcome anyway.

rrog

buler

I'll Lock Up
rrog said:
That's a great find Buler. And I'm not sure if you've been welcomed to the lounge yet, but welcome anyway.

rrog

rrog, thanks for the welcome. I have received many already. My first hat thread is out there somewhere. This has been a great place to lurk and now post.

B

ninjabathy

New in Town
First proper fedora!

Hi everyone, I'm James!

After haunting your forum for research purposes, I ended up settling on an Akubra Federation IV Deluxe! A great hat, fits perfectly, and (I think) looks pretty cool (as a hat, not necessarily on me! lol).

Up until a couple of months ago, the only hats I ever owned were bandanas (not really hats, I know) and baseball caps. I got a lovely Stetson Morgan for Christmas, and caught the (costly) bug! I now have a DP Oilskin outback and my new fedora, too! Let me know what you experts reckon of my bash...It's my first attempt at anything like it. I wasn't really going for any look or anything, just a nice-looking hat that's tough enough to keep me dry or shady, whatever the weather. (The oilskin came close, but wasn't pretty enough, and the Stetson has a material sweatband that lets it fly off my head in a breeze!)

Here are some pics. Thanks for lookin!

PS - Excuse my dazed expression, I was in my first ever car crash (in over 6 yrs of driving :eek: ) on the way to the post office to pick up my hat... I figure it must be some bad Karma in exchange for giving me a super-lucky hat! All parties fine, so no worries! :D

3237273982_1ca6ced71b_b.jpg

3236433267_5e670257bf_b.jpg

3236436067_6fbe3e98f0_b.jpg

3237281588_e27eb19f89_b.jpg

3236440891_8be0847ae6_b.jpg

3237271426_a706562d85_b.jpg

Hope you liked them. All comments welcome! Be easy on me, I'm new! :eusa_doh:

ninjabathy

New in Town
Cheers!

Thanks! (If you mean mine! lol). You're very kind.

The felt feels lovely. It was fairly soft when I first got it, but after the kettle had it's way with it, it's stiffened up a lot. It holds its shape really well now, but it stills feels very...erm.. rabbity-soft to the touch (just not floppy). I guess it's like if you stuffed a rabbit with cardboard or plastic or something... lol Hope that's an OK description... I don't really know what kind or terminology you guys would use!

Thanks again!

carter

I'll Lock Up
Welcome to the FL.

RBH said:
That is one of the best Federations I have seen, great job on the crease and it looks super on you also.
:arated: Excellent job, James! It does look bashingly good on you. Well done.

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
ninjabathy said:
Hi everyone, I'm James!

Hello James, very nice job on the FED, plus it does suit you very well. Pictures were nice and both my wife and I were impressed (and amused) with your choice of hat stands. She is English and we both enjoy those Quality Street chocolates. Well done on both your choices! :eusa_clap

lincoln1965

New in Town
ninjabathy said:
Thanks! (If you mean mine! lol). You're very kind.

The felt feels lovely. It was fairly soft when I first got it, but after the kettle had it's way with it, it's stiffened up a lot. It holds its shape really well now, but it stills feels very...erm.. rabbity-soft to the touch (just not floppy). I guess it's like if you stuffed a rabbit with cardboard or plastic or something... lol Hope that's an OK description... I don't really know what kind or terminology you guys would use!

Thanks again!

Ninjabathy,

That is a very sharp hat! Nice pictures.

Frykitty

Familiar Face
Borsalino "Marca Colombo"

I'm so very pleased to post my first fedora pictures in the Lounge. I received this Borso recently and just got around to taking some shots. The felt is so much softer than my other hats and I haven't been able to achieve the bash I'm looking for yet. Pictures of the rest of my collection will come in due time. I'm obviously not a expert photographer so bare with me please.
th_Picture007.jpg

th_Picture008.jpg

th_Picture010.jpg

th_Picture017.jpg

citRon

A-List Customer
BrewCrew said:
Not sure if anyone has posted this color before, as close as I could come:
Outdoors:
IMG_0063.jpg
[/IMG]
And on my pointy head.
IMG_0076.jpg
[/IMG]

The hat is very very soft, not a very high brim, a bit too much taper IMO but I really love the color, very much a "burnt" dark brown.
How about a side view of you wearing that fine Fedora?

Hat Head

One of the Regulars
2 new additions to my growing hat "family"

I had a long drive back from Cleveland, OH yesterday, made worse by all the lingering snow/ice/muck.

But, when I pulled into my drive, there was a box with postings that I recognized as having come from the UK, meaning that my Christys' hats from Hornets had arrived!

The first is navy "Ambassador", with navy thin ribbon and edge binding. It came pre-creased.

100_0782.jpg

100_0781.jpg

The other was a bessemer (charcoal grey) "Adventurer", with black wide band and matching edge binding. Open crown, obviously. Never creased a hat before, not sure what to do just yet.

100_0785.jpg

100_0784.jpg

ninjabathy

New in Town
Wow!

Wowzers! I just got home from work to a plethora of positive comments!! I admit, I was a little aprehensive as I'm not the best at taking "constructive" feedback (and I'd probably mess it all up if I tried to change anything), but I now feel very smug and proud, and would help myself to a quality street, but I've run out! Really though, thank you all so much for such positive comments; I really had no idea what I was doing! I might just start to wear it to work now as well, just to see if I'm greeted with "nice hat", or the probably more frequent (at least in my case - I'm a secondary school science teacher) "Yeeeee HAW!" lol No-one ever says anything in public when I wear my hats (so far), but I have a feeling school might be different; the kids noticed when I went from half to full Windsor tie-knots...:eek:

Thanks again all of you! J

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran