Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gilgamark

A-List Customer
Dixon said:
I posted pics on another thread, but realized this one may have been where they were suppose to go.

Here's it is:
imgp3214xf4.jpg
Dixon,

Maybe I'll see you around town.

carter

I'll Lock Up
Warbaby said:
I found this today at the thrift shop for five bucks ($4.99, to be exact). I don't know anything about the brand, but it seems to be pretty decent quality. The felt is quite soft and velvety. Aside from being dusty when I got it, it's otherwise clean and appears to have seen very little wear - no staining on the sweatband and liner. The color is midnight blue, but I've lightened it a bit in the photos to show detail. Oh - and it fits me perfectly.

BlueFedora2cr.jpg

BlueFedora3cr.jpg

BlueFedora4cr.jpg

BlueFedora5cr.jpg

BlueFedora7cr.jpg
Holy Smokes, Warbaby! A Barbisio for $4.99 is an incredible find! Well Done! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

I'm looking forward to seeing that one in action!

Dixon

New in Town
Gilgamark,
Indeed! I hope to see you around as well.

I tried to PM you this question but I couldn't so I'll put it here:
Where do you go to get hat care here in town? Everywhere I've found just sells ball caps.
If this isn't the forum for this, could you PM me? Perhaps that will work.

Best,
D

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Dixon said:
I posted pics on another thread, but realized this one may have been where they were suppose to go.

Here's it is:
imgp3214xf4.jpg

Dixon, the Nostalgia looks really sharp on you, such a classic fedora look. I've been back and forth about getting one, but you make it look really good. Do you have any more pictures of your bash?

Dixon

New in Town
BobC,
There are some more pics of the bash here.

If you'd like to see more, let me know. I'll to snap any that would be helpful.
Again, I'm a fan of this hat.

D

BobC

Dixon said:
BobC,
There are some more pics of the bash here.

If you'd like to see more, let me know. I'll to snap any that would be helpful.
Again, I'm a fan of this hat.

D

Thanks. The Nostalgia looks great on you, and I like your crease.

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
How's about another Barbisio?

I just received this one. I'm not ape about it. Oh sure, it's a superb example of an older, velvety Barb' in excellent condition but it's got an alpine vibe about it which is not my cup of tea.

Below are two ways I tried to shape/wear it. I like the porkpie approach best - made me think of Viper Man.

Hey Bolthead; you and other size 7s (this one is a touch snug) out there have a look. PM me if it's something you want to trade for, or buy for a song.

Front pinch. There is no spot on top of the hat. I dunno what that is in the pic:
DSC_0007.jpg

DSC_0009.jpg

DSC_0008.jpg

DSC_0020.jpg

Porkpie (takes that pronounced taper out of it):
DSC_0024.jpg

DSC_0023.jpg

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Harper Player Gene " Sorry I have been out of the loop for a while " but "hey I'm back ..and I'll just shove a couple of vintage Barbisios in your face to remind you who is King around here!"

Nice one HPJ....ho hum...[huh] [huh] :eek:

Interestingly with a Sagliano Micca tag that is a Cappelleria Cervo origin ...which just makes it even that much worse....:rage: :rage:

nickn5

One of the Regulars
Not a bad looking hat there HarpPlayer, but I do think the Porkpie shape looks better, as you say, it reduces the taper considerably and somehow looks better with that type of material on your head.

N. :)

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
cookie said:
Harper Player Gene " Sorry I have been out of the loop for a while " but "hey I'm back ..and I'll just shove a couple of vintage Barbisios in your face to remind you who is King around here!"

Nice one HPJ....ho hum...[huh] [huh] :eek:

Interestingly with a Sagliano Micca tag that is a Cappelleria Cervo origin ...which just makes it even that much worse....:rage: :rage:

HA! Glad to 'see' you, Cookie.

Yeah, I got this because I didn't yet have a Barbisio and I was hoping for less German looking Italian hat. [huh]

Gilgamark

A-List Customer
Dixon said:
Gilgamark,
Indeed! I hope to see you around as well.

I tried to PM you this question but I couldn't so I'll put it here:
Where do you go to get hat care here in town? Everywhere I've found just sells ball caps.
If this isn't the forum for this, could you PM me? Perhaps that will work.

Best,
D

Unfortunately, I haven't found a place in Nashville or the area for hat care. Still looking. If you find one, let me know.

HarpPlayerGene said:
HA! Glad to 'see' you, Cookie.

Yeah, I got this because I didn't yet have a Barbisio and I was hoping for less German looking Italian hat. [huh]

I would take this off you in a second if it was size 7 3/8.

feltfan

J.T.Marcus said:
HarpPlayerGene said:
Gene, This is not a bad look. Not bad at all. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap
I have to agree, enthusiastically.
I think if you remove that feather, your attitude about
the hat will change. You might also try wearing it with
a heavier jacket or leather jacket.

Mind you, I am always confused about whether or not
my furry hats look right. If I were you, I'd consult Dinerman...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy